Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Button event not getting triggered

former_member628395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a scenario where I have to scan a barcode and perform certain subsequent activities from a hand held device. I have developed a custom module pool and created a internet service based on the screens. When I execute the service on the HHD, I get the standard login page and after logging in, the first screen of my module pool gets displayed. After entering the relevant details, when I click the push button(to fetch certain details from DB before scanning the barcode), the device shows that the request is being processed but it does not come out of that 'loop'.

When i tried the same scenario on a android mobile device, it works as expected. Also when I put a external break point when testing from Android, it(obviously ) gets triggered. But when I try the same on the HHD, the external break point does not get triggered suggesting that the request does not reach ECC at all.

The HDD a Motorola manufactured device with Windows CE 6.0 installed and the browser is IE. Could anyone please help me understand if I am missing anything here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Did you get solution to this issue?
I am facing similar kind of issue, User/client created new html progrms/templates(from module pool) but external breakpoint is not getting triggered for this new templates/program when i kept external breakpoint in sap gui and activated in sicf also. It is triggering for the first t-code/program when execute the ur(which is maintained at sicf level t-code)l. After displaying the screen in browser for further actions(like double click button) it is not getting to trigger external breakpoint.

Appreciate if you help on this

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar,

Can you reproduce the behavior in a regular web browser from a PC?

Have you tried to display popups (alerts) while moving from one line to another?

Regards,

Cris

former_member628395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I try in Firefox, the events are getting triggered; but it fails on IE. Also, if I copy a screen from  SAP ITMOBILE to my program and use that, it works(at least it does not go into the processing endless loop).

Regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

In that case, it is most likely an IE browser issue. I have experienced this kind of issue many times with many different URLs.

Either try to clear the browser cache or try upgrading your IE browser and try again. In my case, i switched to other browsers instead.

For your HDD, you can use any other browser like Wavelink, etc.

former_member628395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Utkarsha,

Thanks for your response. I am not very familiar to the ITS. Can you help me understand how is the ITSMOBILE service by SAP different from the screen program that I have developed. May be if I make that particular change the event can work. As I said the SAP developed service works on IE on my computer(but the one I have developed fails ).

Regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

The internet service you have developed for your screen program is no different from the ITSMOBILE service. It is just an IE browser issue. It fails to recognize certain template generated button clicks even for other renowned sites. Many people who use ITS prefer other browsers than IE.

I have asked many IT help desk guys about this, but even they are not sure why this happens with IE.