cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Thai Smartform and PDF Email Attachement

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a smartform which displays order details in Thai. We are maintaining translation in SE63. While in the preview, the characters are displayed correctly unless we change the setting Goto > PDF Preview.

The OTF form of this print is converted into PDF using the function module CONVERT_OTF and sent as mail attachment.

Here too we have same issue. The Thai characters in PDF attachment are converted to junk characters looks like square. Can anyone suggest how to overcome this?

1. control_par-getotf  = 'X'. nast-nacha = 5. nast-spras = '2'. (TH)

2. I tried all these printers. E.g. composer_param-tdprinter  = 'THPDF'. 'THSWINU'. 'PDFUC'.

3. Used cascading = 'X' while calling FM 'CONVERT_OTF'.

4. Followed the SAP Note: 1822639

5. As per SAP Note: 1817893 I imported font 'Angsana New' so now we can see this font is embedded in PDF.

6. Basis implement SAP Note 1645944 changing FONT_ADJUST_POSS to 'On'.

7. Smartform Style uses 'THANGSAN' font.

8. Researched SDN on this issue.

Thanks & regards,

Hetal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arlisaguilar1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal / Alexander,

Have you encountered any problem with the converted PDF containing the Thai characters? I have encountered an issue wherein some part of the Thai characters were being truncated as shown in the attached image.

Hope you could share some experience or ideas relating to the said issue.

Thanks,

Arlis

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hetal,

can you attach a sample PDF which has this problem(i.e. Thai text does not display even though AngsanaNew font is embedded)?  It seems you have done the right things, like TH language, Thai device type, THANGSAN font in form/style.

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately I don't have PDF.  My deleted item setting in the MS Outlook keeps only one month old emails. Plus, since our system changed as I described earlier by running report RSTXPDF3, I can't reproduced the PDF.

But important thing is that issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

Have you resolved this issue? I am having exactly the same issue and just checking if you could give me some idea on how to solve this.

Thanks,

Arlis

0 Kudos

Hi Arlis,

Glad you ask as I did not provided the solution once we figured it out.

The way to fix this issue was by running the report RSTXPDF3. In our case basis ran this report. First we tried in sandbox with sample test Thai Smartform. Here you would set the parameters

FONT_ADJUST_POSS

TH_VISTA_FONTS

TO    'ON'.

It solved the problem instantaneously to our surprise after so much of investigating.  Please let me know if I can help further.

Thanks,

Hetal

arlisaguilar1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

Thank you very much for sharing your solution. It worked for me. To sum up, I've applied below SAP Notes:

-    Note 1822639(PDF conversion in Unicode system)

-     Note 1645944 (PDF conversion: Font change not required)

Under Note 1645944, I've activated the settings for FONT_ADJUST_POSS and TH_VISTA_FONTS to ON.

Regards,

Arlis