cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying SAP Open Text VIM application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a SAP Open Text VIM application on SP4 and we want to do some modifications like changing the text, hiding the button, etc.

However I am not able to find out the code where to make this change.

Can someone please tell me where can I find the file to make the change? What are the files to be edited.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Harshmeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harshmeet,

I assume you are talking about some VIM Dashboard Screen modification, if so which dash board screen exactly.

It can require help of ABAPER to do modification/hide / to use exit(enhancement) a specific component.  Please be specific to suggest.

Thanks,

Kolusu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kolusu,

Thanks a lot for your response.

We are trying to change the SAP VIM front end application. In that we are trying to make a change to Invoice Portal and wanted to make a change to few standard texts provided,Changing the header logo,etc. For this we were trying to find out any .jsp file to be modified. We got the .war file but the .jsp in it does not have source code that can be changed.

So we are not sure where do we have to make these changes.

Please let me know in case you need any more information.

Thanks

Harshmeet

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harshmeet,

Using TC -> /OPT/SPRO. you should be able to find the configurations items to change them.

Any changes made on VIM(SAP side) will reflect on Portal side too. No separate changes needed on portal needed

Let me know if you don't find the configuration items in /OPT/SPRO. I can help you find them.

Cheers!

Kolusu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kolusu,

Thanks a lot replying. I was not able to find the code so I did F12 on the browser , found the source files and dowloaded it from the server , made the changes and uploaded it back. However my changes were not getting reflected.

The files that I found using F12 were BasicDataView.js,etc.

I will see if I can find the configuration, else if you can guide me if my above approach is fine or how do I go about making the change.

Thanks again for your help. This thing is really troubling me a lot.

Regards

Harshmeet

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harshmeet,

You need to make changes on SAP NOT on Portal.

Thanks,

Kolusu

+91-9705537797

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kolusu,

Thanks a lot for the help. I tried checking the configuration as you suggested however could not find any.

I got a .war file which had .JS views in it. I modified the views and was able to complete the requirement.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Harshmeet

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Harshment,

Like I already suggested the change should be SAP NOT on Portal.

In order to make the buttons/texts/images not to display in portal VIM  consultant need to go the particular dashboard/screen configuration & change the setting to "SAP GUI only"

This  would NOT display the image/button/text in the portal but still displays them in VIM dashboard.

You can request your VIM consultant to make these changes.

Let me know if it doesn't fix.

Thanks,

Kolusu

Answers (0)