Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Locks and Cube Status

former_member213043
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Like most of you I am facing the user lock issue with IP.

Is there an elegant way of getting ride of the user locks on an IP cube to run a global planning sequence ?

I know that we could set up a program to kick them out or use a parameter (gw/cpic_timeout or another one ?).

But, I was wondering if the change of status for transactional cubes was doing the same thing ?

Thanks

PY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

no, changing the status of the cube will not interfere with the locks of the users. Those locks just stay and the only effect is, when the user wants to save data while the cube is loading relevant, that he will get an error message. As soon as you change the status back to planning, the users can save the data that they had in their buffer all the time.

The ways I know of are:

log the user off from the system - quite bad if they have also other applications running

delete the lock entries in SM12 - really bad

prevent certain users from logging in when central actions should take place - we did this in one system by taking roles away from the users, or right now we hav a data slice which affects only certain users - both works only before a user log on, if a user is already logged in, it does not help

regards

Cornelia