cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question related to talent management Individual development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I'd like to ask question regarding to talent management individual development plan.

1. Is it possible to write back qualification entered in individual development plan to qualification infotype (infotype 0024 -  qualifications)?
  2. Is it possible to create another development plan after clicking "close development plan" button in individual development plan? because i cannot create new development plan after closing 1 development plan.

The following are configuration that I've done in SPRO:

• create individual development plan -> Talent Management and Talent Development > Assessment of Employees > Talent Assessment > Define Forms for Talent Assessment
  • define individual development plan period -> Talent Management and Talent Development > Assessment of Employees > Talent Assessment > Define Process Periods and Groupings. on this step I set the start date and end date of development plan period from 01.01.2015 - 31.12.9999.

Did i miss any configuration? Please kindly guide me gurus.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Bobbi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi,

1. No
  2. You only have 1 talent management development plan for an employee. It runs multiple years and isn't like a yearly development plan. See

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thank you very much for answering my queries .

if standard SAP doesn't provide write back feature on development plan, is it possible to do some enhancement on current talent management individual development plan?

Regards,

Bobbi

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi,

You can't edit the development plan template so I don't know if this will be possible or not. It's more for tracking activities etc. over a long period than anything else.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

As you said "You can't edit the development plan template" is it because the individual development template is the predefined one?

Based on your previous talent management implementation project experience (which is a lot, I assume ), you probably have inform your client about the limitation when using the standard talent management IDP, such as: there's no write back feature to IT0024 - qualification, etc.

Do you create a custom program to write back the employee's IDP qualification to IT0024? or you create new individual development plan by using SAP standard flexible template and configure it to meet the client requirement? or do you have any advice regarding to this limitation feature?

Thank you very much Luke

Regards,

Bobbi

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi,

The customer usually updates IT0024 manually since the employee might not achieve the qualification.

Best regards,

Luke