Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy a plan query to reporting without plan settings

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I copy a planning enabled query to a reporting multi provider, the system always copies the plan settings - especially the setting for "plan enabled / lock relevant" to the target query and since there is no agrgegation level available, this setting will be set to inactive. And one can not change it manually.

But when I run the query afterwards, I always get a message, that the query was set to not plan relevant. And this message is a hazzle, because it comes up every time I run the query.

I RSRT I can´t find that message type to switch it off.

So I search for a way of copying a query without the plan settings.

I know that I could disable the plan settings, then copy the query, but this is a lot of work.

best regards

Cornelia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

To make the message disappear, won't it be enough to manually remove the flag "Start query in change mode" ?

It can be directly changed with the SE16 (field RSZELTPROP-INPUTTABLE).

Regards,

Frederic

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for this hint - if we could do this in the query designer it would be even better ..

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cornelia,

It might be due to Planning specific properties for the keyfigures.

Can you uncheck this setting (relevant for locking) for all the KFs and then copy your query to the new multiprovider?

Br, Harish

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

since I usually want to copy queries that are already used and transported and have different settings for several key figures, I don´t want to change it , then copy and then change it back.

The workaround is to do a "save as" in the query designer on the plan multi,

then delete the plan setting in this new query.

Afterwards copy the query to the reporting provider.

delete the new query on the plan provider.

It´s not a nice way of doing, that´s why I asked if there is something more convenient.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could try including the plan data target into your reporting Multi-Provider. Change the copied query settings and then remove the plan data target from the reporting multi-provider.. You may not need the Agg level...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

Yeah, I agree this is not a correct approach for cloning the queries and I don't think if there's any better way.

We should bring forth this issue to SAP and we see if there's a convenient way of query cloning.

Br, Harish