Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP number not correctly generated for sales offices

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Recently we added some sales offices to our org model.

For these the BP number is not automatically generated.I checked the following settings

1.Number range and grouping created with same name

2.Checked SM30 for "T77S0" for entries HRALX/OSUBG (number range is assigned)

3.Setting in Integration with org management is done.

4.Executed report HRBCI_ATTRIBUTES_BUFFER_UPDATE.(today)

After changing number range to internal(currently its external)and when I am going to path spro>crm>master data>business partner>Integration hr bp>create bp initially

Giving the sale office for which bp is to be created system is picking again 1st number  of the number range which is not correct.

First of all can I change a number range(which is in use) from external to internal?

say already 30 bp numbers are created then system should pick 31 but again its picking 1.

Regards

Jaya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Apart from the solution given by dinesh you can also ask your technical team to write a small piece of code using your number range to get number next and set the current number to the desired place.

Regards,

NS

spencer_liang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Please check SAP Note 1823154.

Spencer

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Spence,

Thanks for reply.

When I am doing the last step of the notes(Edit and repair synchronization object) system is giving an error,Grouping has external number range,enter a number.Where should I enter the number here?Pls suggest.

Regards

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

I am using the below configuration for grouping. Have a look and compare with your system.

Best regards,

Dinesh

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for the screenshot.one grouping is for org unit.what is the other BP grouping?

I am currently using a number range xx(currently External).Since this number range is already in use(earlier some BP numbers are already created for some org units) can i now change it to internal?If I change it and do the edit and repair synchronization object will the system generate BP number from the beginning or from where it stopped ?This is the main concern.

Regards

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

The another grouping was for employee. By mistake i have sent it.

As you are also aware that if you create the Org unit, system automatically create a Business Partner for that Org unit.

I tell you about my system.

We are using a number range (Internal) for this org unit and Grouping ....The Id is same for both.

Below is my table entries:

You should also use Internal, if the number range is already in use, then system will pick the next available number.

Once you done with this setting, then you need to run the report (Create Business Partner).

Try it and share the status.

Best regards,

Dinesh

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks a lot for response.

Now I should uncheck external in Define number ranges.

Go to Define grouping and assign num ranges.maintain int std grouping  and run report CRM_COM_ORGMAN_BUPA_INTEGRATE.

is that all?

Regards

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

1. Uncheck external in the number range

2. In grouping, you don't need to select neither Int. grp nor Ext.grp.

3. Run report CRM_COM_ORGMAN_BUPA_INTEGRATE

Best regards,

Dinesh

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Should I also update the current number field in number range which indicates system should pick the next available number?But when I remove external current number field is greyed out.pls suggest

Regards

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Should I also update the current number field in number range which indicates system should pick the next available number?

It's up to you, you can change the NR status.

But when I remove external current number field is greyed out.

I could not get u, can u send the screenshot for this?

Best regards,

Dinesh

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

BP numbers are getting generated now.

I edited status and changed the NR to external and run the report.

Closing the thread.

Thanks and Regards

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jaya,

I think maybe i met the same problem with you, i have create the ORG in Dev 100; like ORG unit ID o:5xx1 = BP number 1xx1; before i transfer to Qas, some one have already use T-code BP create a employee Grouping BP system give the number 1xx1, then i transfer the ORG to Qas which i have created in Dev 100, i found ORG unite BP number is the same as BP number which some created by T-code. so i use the report, but system cannot update the ORG unit number....