cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document status value is not showing in the search/advanced search result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is regarding the Advanced Search functionality for Document Object. When any user searches for a document based on document type. System is behaving weirdly for some document types it is showing the document status value in the search result list where as for some document types it is not showing any value under the document status. This is happening in our PRD,QAS and Pre-Prod system. where as in our DEV system it is showing up the status value for all the document types.

I am not able to figure it out , what could be the reason behind this. Could anyone please provide some light on this.

Thanks,

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amarnath_singanamala2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

This looks weird, if I understand you correctly it works fine in DEV and not in other systems. Try comparing the system (PLM) s/w levels correctly and TREX server levels too. I would try to analyse what could be the reason.

Also check if there are any notes available and raise an incident if needed.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Thanks for your reply. I will check any notes available. You are correct in Dev system it is working as expected for all the document types. Where are coming to the PRD it is working for couple of document types and for few of document types it is not working.

Thanks,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the authorization, Basically this should not have any impact in document search but just check this with SAP_ALL auth in QUA server.

Also share the screen shots.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayeem,

This is no way related to authorization. But i checked the same functionality in DEV environment and it is working as desired. But where are other environments is not working. Do you have any idea what could be the culprit for this. We are planning to raise an OSS regarding this.

Thanks,

Prasad.

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RVN,

To me this could be related to Authorisation,

DMS has status based authorization for document types not showing authorization , you may want to check if users have right status dependent authorization.

Thanks and regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Did you already try re-indexing the Document object in n tRex in your Quality / Prod systems?

Mostly in Past we had issues in data not getting fetched at all , which was due to to indexing .

But your case its only for some doc types .

Are you really sure it is not related to authorization ?  As even trex checks the relevant autorizations .

The authorizations are indexed with the object USER_AUTHORITY , which corrsponds to the roles assigned to the users in ECC.

Further , you can use this report to do a test for tRex - ESH_TEST_SEARCH 

It would also return any authorizations issues

Hope you get some pointers.

Best Regards,

Rini