cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use TREX for more SAP systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We want to install a TREX but we have lots of ERP-Systems, CRM-Systems and BW-Systems.

So my question is:

Could we install one TREX and connect more than one SAP-System to this one TREX?

On one hand I think the technical configuration would probably work, but on the other hand I think that this is nonsense, because there are different systems  sharing different content (e.g. ERP, CRM, BW, ...)

Please give me some support & answers in this case.

Thanks & Regards,
Manuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel

Yes, It is possible to have a single Trex instance(NW Enterprise search engine) connected more than one SAP instance based on your Trex system Hardware resources(Based on sizing). In our environment we have all Dev & Qas systems are connected on single host Trex system.

Regards

SS

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

such setup is possible in generally , but not recommended due to possible performance issues:
Future more as the applications can need completely different settings on the TREX side I would be
very carefull with the configuration . Do you have more details about the applications you want to use
with TREX , data amount , content  e.t.c.? F.e. CRM SAF , Enterprise Search ...)

Best regards,
Mikhail