Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ume.logoff.redirect.url does not work on NetWeaver 2004s Portal

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Portal Experts,

we've installed NetWeaver 2004s Portal and patched to SP11. We are using Kerberos for authentication an so we have to redirect the user after the Logout to another page. Otherwise he will be automatically logged in again. So we set the Parameters:

ume.logoff.redirect.silent = FALSE

ume.logoff.redirect.url = http://www.siteco.com/

acording to the Documentation <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/9c/35004157acef6fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">Logoff</a>. But it does not change the portal behavior. After a Restart when the user clicks on logout and confirms with yes he is still pointed to the login again. We've also tried to set:

ume.logoff.redirect.silent = TRUE

but that doesn't changes the behaviour either.

Had anyone else seen this problem?

Best regards

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Facing the same issue ..do have the solution on this .

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kushal,

please check when this message was posted originally. I hope you're not running on the NetWeaver 2004s Portal still.

Best regards

Gregor

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you're not running on the NetWeaver 2004s Portal still.

hm, there should be still > 7.000 productive NW 2004s (7.0) installations, and many that are still using 6.0. Just because 7.3 is out does not mean older versions are upgraded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just applied this - it worked at the Global Configuration level in the configTool. It seems like the instance ==> server properties are not being applied. I am wondering if this is by design or an issue. There are situations where customers have a requirement to redirect to some sites externally when coming in through a logon group or a set of dialog instances dedicated to external traffic (meaning - chosen not to federate). There may be a different URL for the same system (but different logon group) for internal users to be redirected to upon logoff.

If the instance ==> server properties are not applying and this (for now, just this one) property has to be applied globally... does that mean that there is no separation anymore - that these settings apply to all of the servers in the instance?

I have applied it at the global level and it works fine, but again - what to do where you have a need for different URL's based on the Dialog Instances, or ultimately - from different network zones?

Just a thought?:

I don't have the time to test, but possibly set the global to one thing and then set the exceptions at the server ==> instance level to the specific? What to do, what to do...

Regards,

Judson

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Judson,

try to open an OSS Message to get it clarified and perhaps solved.

Regards

Gregor

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

did you do the change in the general config?

If I remember well, you need to restart the j2ee after the changes.

You may try to redirect to an web page that is on the portal server, that redirect to http://www.siteco.com/.

Brad

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

I've got this response from OSS:

Changes has to be made using the Configtool under: Global Server Configuration > services > com.sap.security.core.ume.service and not(!) in the Visual Administrator.

I've done that now and tried ume.logoff.redirect.silent = TRUE and FALSE but I still have the problem. I've restarted the J2EE always after the configuration changes.

Regards

Gregor

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

I got com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par from our SP11 portal and it seems like logic of LogOutComponent is the same like before. Check the HTML generated for masthead, especially JavaScript function logoffThirdParty(). Is silent true or false?

Best regards, Maksim Rashhcynski.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maksim,

I've done a Dump of the problems now using the Diagtool provided in OSS Note 957666. In the dump I saw that ume.logoff.redirect.url is empty. I will update here when I got information back from my OSS Message.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is purely with FQDN, check Ur Fully qualified Domain Name at portal and ECC