cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Effectivity Date from CU51 to CS63

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CU51, the opening screen has the option to enter an ECM or a date for the effectivity of a change.  It defaults to today's date.  For this example, we are using today's date, not an ECM.  My expectation is that if I delete component A and add component B using CU51, when I look at CS63 that component and that component alone will have the effectivity date of today.  If it were a phantom, I would expect its components to have today's date as well.

Our engineer used CU51 to change a component.  When we look at CS63, numerous unrelated components also show today's date as the effective date and have his user id as the person who changed them.  In particular, a major assembly unrelated to his change had it's effectivity date changed.  This causes problems because the effectivity date can determine whether or not an item is included as a component in a planned order.

Can anyone explain how the effectivity date is changed while using CU51?  What is the expected behavior?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eric Barns,

I agree to your expectation an new component added today will have effective date as today's date. Please try to check change BOM through CS02 and then display in CS03. I am sure you will see today's date as effective date for new component.

One thing i didnt understand in your issue is why you are using CS51 to maintain a standard BOM and then displaying it through CS63 which is meant for order BOM? If you are displaying a sales order BOM resulted through configuration selected by user while creating sales order then later on changed by some one to add or delete component ,  it may have effectivity as per BOM explosion date (requirement date) in sales order.

May be a piece of information is missing to connect this with issue you are facing, please check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh