cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure VAT of Category COMPOSITION

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Formulas which contain COMPOSITIONs of Ingredients.  When entering the quantities of individual components we can enter: Component (by ingredient specification number) Component Type, Value (Quantity), UOM, Lower and Upper Limits.

I have worked with standard VAT's and their corresponding Classes and Characteristics.  In this case I can not determine how to configure the COMPOSITION tab to change the order of data entry, the number of allowed decimal points or change how the data is entered.  I can find the Class as given by the Property Tree and the Component Type.

Where are these fields configured and how to best do it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Mick Crowder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

As I see in your screenshot, it seems a custom composition VAT with custom component type 'ZING'. However, I believe the Value assignment category configured for this VAT is same as used for standard VAT as shown below. Please check your VAT config, if it has Value Assignment Category as 'C'. If yes, then due to inherent standard SAP design (no characteristics assigned to the corresponding class), the composition screen and value fields would come the way it comes for standard composition fields, and I doubt if you can change it.

However, I see some BADI's also available for VAT and you would like to explore those with your developer to check if something can be done to adapt the fields.

Having said so, I just wanted to understand your pain point and what exactly you are trying to achieve by changing the things here. Please elaborate.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.  In this particular case I'm trying to configure the number of decimal places users are able to enter in the value example circled.  I can enter more than 4 decimal places but on saving the spec it reverts to 4 places and rounds accordingly.  My need is for 6 decimal place accuracy.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mick

the data is stored in table ESTVP. If you check the definition you will detect this (if I remember correct):

The "precision" you are asking for is not supported by SAP. Chekc e.g. ESTVP EHS: Value Assignment Item - SAP Table - ABAP

So I am sorry: forget about the 6 decimal places. Honestly: in daily business there is no need to have this "precision"; I am no aware of any relevant business case.

C.B.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

You can not change - at least without modification - the amount of decimal places used for compositions.

If you need 6 decimal places the only way is to switch the UoM - % -> ‰ -> ppm -> ppb -> ppt.

If you need more then PPT (parts per trillion) you could define your own UoM with Transaction CUNI for example One part per quadrillion (ppq).

If this is not precise enough I do not know .

(I know this is not really helping in all cases because you are limited by the number if places before the period as well.... - but this is the onyl thing you can do without modification).

Hope this helps

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mick

Small add on: If remember correct you can enter a value like "-100.0000"

The "DEC 10(4) " definition allows only 4 places after the ", or .".

The "DEC" definition runs like:

DEC: Counter or amount field with decimal point, sign, and commas separating thousands. A DEC field has a maximum length of 31 places.

The "length" of the value is in this case max 10 characters. This includes: sign, comma, point etc. as explained (please check SAP online help)

So you can not enter: 99.99999. This is not possible.

C.B:

PS: One "strange" option: you could try to store all the data in user defined text with some Logic).

E.g. assuming you have 5 components. Then you could use 5 "user defined text" (per component one). Here you could concatenate something like:

specid value UoM (e.g. average) like

specid 1000.0000000 % (and here you can use as many characters you need)

But yoou can calculate whatsoever using these values

Answers (0)