cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing index in DB02 for DB2 database

0 Kudos

Hi,

i found there are missing Index in db02 transaction. i have attached the screenshot for this message.

My database in Db2

could somebody help me how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Hari.b

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member213250
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari
You can also check DB6CONV job logs .

Please check any failed or cancelled jobs from DB6CONV list of jobs.

Regards
Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I think you need to login in 000 client and than

Tcode SE14 --> Table name --> Edit

In the next screen choose Recontruct from the Menu Table.

Make sure you are logged in with DDIC user.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

i am new to DB2, i dont know how to check weather DB6CONV  installed in my system or not.

when i run the program DB6CONV from SE38 i am getting the below screen.

former_member213250
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

It seems that DB6CONV is on older version. You need to update it first.
Refer to SAP Note : 1513862 for steps to update to new version.

There are around 345 jobs in either active or failed status from db6conv logs.

What I would recommend is first update db6conv and then restart the cancelled jobs.

There wont be any harm with those cancelled jobs. Your data still should be safe.

Thanking you
Regards
Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj,

Thanks for your reply.

i have checked in SE14 by longing into 00 client. it give the error message as "Table DB6CONVL_V4 does not exist".

can we ignore error in DB02?

former_member213250
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

You can check the DB6CONV log to check if the table is to be involved with DB6CONV. Anyway, the solution to fix this issue should be the same as note 117219 or note 1248769.

1248769   Inconsistency between database and ABAP Dictionary

Regards

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your reply.

my system was upgraded in 2010 before that DB6CONV was used by project team. after reading the note 2091519 i came to know that upgrade will over write DB6CONV. I have checked for the TR SIDK810044 in SE01, i didn't find it. Can you please tell me how can i check  DB6CONV is re-implemented after upgrade in my system or not?

when i execute report DB6CONV in SE38 it shows some old logs and DB6CONV 5.32.

Thanks,

hari.B

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

You could certainly check with the Version management tool . ( also you could check from STMS import logs , it should be an external transport  )

Your version should be 5.32 now , If you send a screenshot we will be able to confirm .

Implementing the new version (6) will do you no harm . As these are independent transports .

As for fixing the discrepency with the indexes perform ( as suggested by Venkat) as detailed in the following Note

1248769 - Inconsistency between database and ABAP Dictionary

Thanks ,

Manu

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply's, I am confused.

My questions are as below.

1. i found missing index in db02 as below.

for finding the appropriate table for the above missing index i have checked as below.

000(DDIC)==>SE14==>DB6CONVL_V22==>recontraint==> i got the below error meesgae.

how to fix this issue,

2. Does this missing index  will impact my system or can i ignore them?

2. How do check the DB6CONV installed in my system or not?

Message was edited by: BASIS

Message was edited by:BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The table DB6CONVT and DB6CONVL are for logging purpose, so if they does not exists means you cannot view the details for any conversion that was performed in the system.

Second, Read the below points (SAP note 2091519 - DB6: Table conversion using DB6CONV Version 5 )  

3.1 DB6CONV reports and tables are lost during an SAP upgrade.

None of the objects that are contained in the DB6CONV transport are part of SAP installations or upgrades. Therefore, due to an SAP upgrade or due to the import of an Enhancement Package or a Support Package Stack using SUM, these are deleted and must be then be reinstalled. If you want the DB6CONV data (history, overview, log) to also be available after one of these actions, you must save the contents of tables DB6CONVT and DB6CONVL in advance. Afterwards, you must reimport the DB6CONV transport first before the saved contents can be restored in the tables DB6CONVT and DB6CONVL.

3.2 You cannot import the DB6CONV transport

If DB6CONV Version 4.10 or lower already exists in a system, 10 problems may occur when you import the latest DB6CONV transport. If the respective "mvntabs" step (description in ALOG

file: '6') or the generation step with error code 8 terminates, the existing old tables DB6CONVT and DB6CONVL must be renamed in accordance with the README file or, if the content is no longer required, they must be deleted.

Last, if you're able to run the report DB6CONV in your system, means you have this installed.

In your case, version 5.32

Regards,
Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While checking for index in SE14 (client 000 and DDIC user) you have given the input as index name where in it is asking for table name, this is the reason you received the error "Table DB6CONVL_V4 does not exist"

You need to input table say DB6CONVT or DB6CONVL than click on indexes from the tool bar and than try to activate and adjust database for the selected index.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MRF ,

Did you install DB6CONV ? If yes did you do it correctly ?

Check the consistency of these tables in transaction SE14 ( Check  ) . You may activate and adjust with the database

Thanks ,

Manu