cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce.com ODBC driver & Stored Procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently installed Crystal Reports 2013 (DR Developer 14.1.4.1327) to use the new Salesforce.com ODBC driver included with CR2013.

When selecting the datasource, I only see a list of tables whereas in previous versions of Crystal Reports with the java driver, I would have the option of Tables & Stored procedures.

If I configure a system DSN to use the ODBC driver included in CR2013 and use that as a data source, it's still only a list of tables, no list of stored procedures.

I have many reports created using a either a combination of stored procedures & tables or stored procedures only. Is there any way to get the stored procedures back?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I do not believe it is a driver problem. It should work.

Try: File > Options > Database tab and make sure the Stored Procedure checked in Data Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should have mentioned that I checked that as well (double checked again today), still only shows tables. Also checked the Advanced Settings when first connecting to the data source and there's nothing there.

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes, Alex, I remember, there was a problem with Standard stored procedures in CR 2013 prior to SP05. The issue was escalated and fixed: SAP Note 2129642

I just tested in your version 14.1.4.1327 and can confirm I can see only Custom Stored Procedures - no Standard.

According to the SAP Note, the issue has been resolved in:

SP05 Patch 4 and after

SP06 and after

Just tested in version 14.1.5.1533 and can see all Stored Procedures

Please update your CR Designer to the required level.

Vitaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaly,

I installed SP6 (version now shows 14.1.6.1702).

In Options->Database, I have tables, system tables & stored procedures selected (and unchecked Perform Query Asynchronously based on another thread I saw).

Create new connection, I select Salesforce.com and enter my username & password (leaving the analytic checkbox unchecked) and now I get a very short list of Stored Procedures ONLY. I don't see an option for Tables or Stored Procedures like I did in the past, I just see www.salesforce.com -> CompanyName -> list of first 50 (?) stored procedures and that's it. I'm clearly missing a good portion of them and now don't see a list of tables.

If I try to create a new system DSN with the ODBC driver then try to have CR use that ODBC connection, it prompts for the username and password then completely crashes (in CR 2013, 2011 & XI2).

any other ideas?

EDIT: I changed some settings on the system DSN setup and got it working but same issue in only getting stored procedures in CR 2013. However, using the same dsn in CR XI R2, it works as expected by giving me tables & stored procedures (all of them). So, in CR XI R2 the system dsn works as expected with the random settings I changed but in CR 2013 there's no way to get it working...I'll keep trying more settings tomorrow and follow up. However, I just realized neither of these options actually pulls data from the database, just returns no data or gives the error that the table doesn't exist. Oh the joys of CR & Salesforce!

Thanks

Alex

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Alex,

I just tested in CR 2013 14.1.6.1702 and can confirm I see all the objects I have on my account.

It could be something specific on your SFDC account or on your system.

Vitaly

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Another potential cause for not seeing all DB objects could be NtableMax registry key, see:

1215994 - Unable to see all database objects in Crystal Reports