Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of sap content server for file system storage

former_member209962
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have questions regarding SAP content server backup restore, we are storing our documents on sap content server file system we have created content repositories in SAP R3 and it is linked with content server file system(folders) using parameter Storage    FileSystemStorage.dll.

We have two drives for example D and F which has all the content repositories with documents, now if i take backup of only these file systems (folders) is it enough? as we are not storing documents in MAX DB , In case of restore i can just install a fresh content server with max db and copy this file systems (folders) to the new server and link with SAP R3 again will this be ok? or i need to take backup of max db as well along with these file systems (folders)?

Kindly advice.

Thanks

Tabrayz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tabrayz,

At the time of configuration, Content Storage and Content Repository would have pointed to MAX DB and the files would have created at the OS level. You would still require MAX DB backup file to restore.

Regards/Gouda

former_member209962
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gouda,

My apologies for the late reply.

as i said i am going take only backup of content repositories which are in file system and in case of restore i can just install a fresh content server and copy the content repositories (file system) and link to the erp system.

we are not storing any thing in DB.

Thanks

Tabrayz