cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of Seeburger Mappings to SAP B2B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a standard procedure or tool provided by SAP to convert EDI mappings in Seeburger to SAP B2B?

when I try replace the XSD of Seeburger EDI document with XSD from B2B , i lost the whole mapping as root node is completely different and there are some extra fields in B2B xsd compared to Seebuger.

would like to know if SAP provides an option to easily migrate the mappings.

Regds,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor

Hi Suresh,

Unfortunately, there is no procedure to migrate Seeburger mappings.

What you need to do is to (re)create your message structure in the B2B integration cockpit

• use a standard message type, shipped by SAP
  • enhance a standard message type

After that, create an XSD and import that into the ESR

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member

Suresh,

That option has been there since the inception of XI/PI. It is called Message Mapping templates. It is a powerful feature to retain prior mapping logic. Just create a template one level below the root-node or at the appropriate node-level in your seeburger mapping and then apply it to the new mapping that has the schema from B2B Add-on at the appropriate level. I use this a lot to avoid redoing complex mappings and always works like a charm.

Regards.

Dimitri
Active Contributor

Hi,

That is indeed correct, but that implies that your structures should be both the same.

In case you enhanced the structure in the Seeburger context, you need to enhance the B2B add-on message structure too, before you import it into the ESR. That is what I was saying in my initial post.

Kind regards,

Dimitri