cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Mangar: Fatal disk error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I get this error at runtime when I try to open a window. The message is "Fatal disk error. Retry?". I have to cancel 2 or 3 times this error message and the window opens on the end. Inside Power Bulder 11 everithing goes well.

I would like to know I can i get more informations about this error message because I don't know what problem is referred to.

Thanks,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I resolved the problems removing the check on the column "dll" on the tab "Libraries" for some pbl when I create the exe file, but I have not understood the reasons yet. I have also uninstalled the antivirus but the problem had persisted. The pbl and dll are in the same computer and so I reckon the network isn't involved. Very strange!

About optimizing the pbl, I tryed with all the pbl but it didn't resolve.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Marco.

We've had this message here. Our PBL files were in another computer in our network and an analyst was replacing those files after deploying and didn't notice other people were working on them at the same time.

Try to check if someone else has the same access  and rights to your folder.

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It usually means something has a file lock on the PBL you were trying to load from.  I'd look into two things:

1.  Optimizing the PBL in question to ensure it's not so badly fragmented that PB is having trouble reading it (the PB equivalent of a hard drive defrag).

2.  Seeing if a virus scanner was doing a sweep at the time and potentially adding .PBL files to its exclude category.