cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash sale order- PGI reversed after invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Cash sales order is created with immediate delivery. Invoice is created with ref to SO. PGI can be reversed after the invoice in this case. I want to avoid this situation. What can be done.

Regards,

Aju Joseph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all your suggestions.

I think above  is sap standard  for cash sales and i can find it from sap notes as follows.

"Order type CS is used for cash sales. It has its own output type RD03 which allows you to print an invoice (receipt) from the order.

The actual billing document can be created later after goods issue has been posted.To do this, use billing document type CS. Type CS is configured as follows:

order-related billing

no output determination, as this has already been carried out in the order

no new price determination, as the pricing should not differ from the printed invoice

posting in FI is made to a cash settlement account, not to the customer

billing type SV is used for cancellations in cash sales"

I will try to get the requirement done as suggested by Veselina Peykova

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Aju Joseph

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aju,

In what scenarios is the PGI reversed?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was done by mistake.Since this is allowed in the system and is a risk, this option of reversal after PGI in cash sales to be removed

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of going for ABAP check why don't you control this with authorization access?

In most of the companies storage location for cash sales is different from others. If this is same in your case you can control this by not giving authorization of 602 movement type to the users for that store.

If possible movement type for cash sales could be different.

Shipping point could be different.

Check it with this perspective and see if anything can be done in standard to control this.

Thank$

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the authorization restriction the users will not be able to reverse the goods issue for cash sales - no matter if there is a billing document or not. Well... wait... considering that you take these precautions because somebody already made a mistake by choosing the wrong document for reversal, this is actually a good thing, right?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can also restrict user on reversing the billing document type by not giving user reversal document type access. I am not sure but I think this could work here.

By mistake is user's responsibility. We can only restrict on some specific events.

Thank$

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Somebody who is on shift should have authorization for billing document cancellation for cash sales (at least the key user, who is usually also their supervisor). Imagine that because of incorrect master data the accounting document was not generated.

Regarding VL09 authorizations - normally only the key users should get that (not just for cash sales process, but for all delivery types).

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aju,

By describing the standard cash sale process in this thread, you have made this thread a good learning for the community! Please explain why your client is not following the standard process of creating the invoice after PGI (pgi being a requirement that is checked, to continue with creating the invoice).

Also, what are the timelines, after how many hours/days of creation of order, a bill is created, PGI is done etc.?

TW

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed. So we can control this with authorization. Right?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aju,

If the quantity in the bill is taken from the quantity in the order, then what is the need for business to reverse the PGI? Delivery and PGI quantity are just "formality" to reduce the stock, most important thing is that these quantities (in delivery and pgi) should be the same as that in the order.

TW

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also the actual goods issue date in the delivery is important (especially around the time of monthly physical inventory and month-end closing). Unfortunately I have witnessed some attempts to abuse that, which caused problems for the finance guys.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try to add your checks in MV50AFZ1 - userexit_save_document_prepare, or even better, check with your developer the available dynamic enhancement points in RVV50L09 - he will be able to estimate which option is more efficient.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard functionality is you cannot cancel a document if subsequent document is there.  In your case, since there is no subsequent document (since you have generated invoice with reference to sale order) for delivery, system will allow you to cancel.  May be can you explain what is the business process to have order related billing when PGI is needed.

G. Lakshmipathi

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aju,

Are you trying to say that the PGI can be reversed even if the Invoice has been created and not cancelled?

If yes, can you brief me the business process and why this is needed?

Thanks,

Suman$