Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Org Publisher

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement from My client regarding org publisher , we have a system P8P where we have south Africa and Russian employees.. they both use org charts.. In south Africa English is widely used all the time ,even in all the infotypes business maintains everything in english , so we dont have any other fields or screen in IT0002 to store the names in south african language.. org charts also picks up the english names and displays in the report.

SA uses P0002-VORNA and P0002-NACHN to store the English names.

But for Russia , they store english names as well as names in Russian in IT0002.   they storing Russian characters in It0002 in the field P0002- NACHN and P0002-VORNA and storing names in English in Romaji Fields P0002-LNAMR and P0002-FNAMR,  Org charts actually uses the fields P0002-NACHN to read and display the name in Org charts.. SA working fine as they store in English only, But for Russia they store Russain characters in the fields p0002-NACHN and storing english names in P0002-LNAMR. so org charts reading and showing ?????? in org charts which is wrong..

Hence i need your valuable advice on this where and how can i add the field P0002-FNAMR in the SAP system.  can i restrict based on country grouping.. Need your advice on this?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Your requirement is achievable with OP front-end as well as in back-end IMG config. You may try to find out some help from the following link:

OrgPublisher Quick Start

However, with the degree of complexity involved in the process flow, I would recommend you to raise a support ticket with OrgPublisher support at:

orgpub.support@peoplefluent,com who would help you through this requirement.

Best regards.

Mohammad

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks a lot for your reply, Sorry for raising this question, Is this is a process over here? i mean due to complexity involved in this.. Should i raise ticket to org publisher support???

As you can see in my screenshot i need to edit those coding and need to add my customized coding in it.. I tried already the link which you have shared. Can't i edit the customized output format?

as you can see in the screenshot i have added the desired fields in the output, but i am unable to put it in the place i want.

Sorry for asking more questions on it as i am completely new to it.. hence asking.

Thanks

SRiram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not that there is a process involved, but the logical process through which you will achieve this. You can copy the standard output format and rename it then make your changes to it.

I have done this once for a client with the assistance of OrgPublisher support team who are expert in SAP HCM ABAP. The other way around is to create a custom field in the front end application and conditionally use it with SA and Russian employees. Then using this so called conditional custom field format your input fields chose some for SA and others for Russian, while hiding the rest.

Thus in my opinion it's best achieved with orgpublisher support who can validate which option would closely meet your requirement. As in my case, we were able to meet 90% of our client's requirement via editing the custom output format which was highly acceptable to out client.

Best regards.

Mohammad

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks once again on this,, you are 100% correct, as you said i already have an customized output format where i have to add few fields in that and i must write a logic like If molga is 33(i.e. russia) it must go and picks up the different fields, if not then other fields.. this one i will have to write in customized output format which is already available.

Here my question is how can i edit the existing output format and how can i write my logic here.. this is exact place where i need your help as you can see in my screenshot i hve added those fields in the output format. but i couldnt move up or edit it. i dont know how to do it..

This is where exactly i need your assistance because through your org publishers documents i have done this so far. here i get struck. or support call would be best option.

Thanks

Sriram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your response.. I have almost got the way in my requirement. However i have just got struck in this place Can you help me here..

As i mentioned already We have two countries in our system one is South africa and Russia,

Russia stores their names in English as well as in Russia in IT0002,   But in South Africa they use only English to store the names , the names have been stored in fields P0002-VORNA, P0002-NACHN, so when org publisher runs for SA it goes picks up the fields and displays the names in English, but in the same fields for russia they store the names in Russian , hence when system reads the same field for russia it gives ?????? due to Russian Characters and i  also mentioned they store the names in English in the fields P0002-LNAMR,P0002-FNAMR Fields.

Now i wanted to bring those fields in my output format which i have brought in. but now i have to write the condition like if its Russia it must search for some other fields , if its SA it should search for some other fields,

I am struck up righting that query. can any body help me how to do that.. You response is highly appreciated.

here is the screenshot.

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

You can add custom fields in OrgPublisher. Please check the link below.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Mohammad

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check documentation provided for Org Publisher (by vendor Acquire who have partnered with SAP).  You may need to add code in the relevant programs.  Or send a support call to Acquire.