cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Default Message via Fox Formula Message

0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to show an error message (other than default shown message) in the data-entry layout to the users, who makes an invalid data-entry. Here are the details:

Entry is done for characteristic, lets say "City".

In the query there is a filter for navigation attribute "Country=France" for "City" characteristic.

If in the data-entry layout, entered City value (e.g. London) is not compatible with the country filter (France), then system shows a default message ("Characteristic 'City__Country: Old value 'France', new value ' ' ).

but i would like to replace it with a message that I write in a fox formula. Is it possible to do this?

Thank you in advance.

Ozan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ozan,

if the messages comes from new lines in an input-ready query a planning function is of no help since the function will not be involved in the error handling.

There are two blogs available (by Marc Bernard) about this topic, cf.

and

The first one is about messages send in queries, the second about messages send in planning functions.

The first one can be used if the client used in BEx Analyzer.

In case of web templates, design studio applications or Analysis Office the messages will not (only) be processed in RRMS_MESSAGE_HANDLING but in another function module: BICS_PROV_SET_NEW_VALUES. There you can use the techniques described in the first blog; messages are in E_T_NEW_DATA_MESSAGE.

Regards,

Gregor

0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

Thank you for the answer. I am using BEx Analyzer.

So that means, if the error message is coming from query, then it is not possible to create a custom message in fox formula, based on the given error message..

Thank you for the information.

Ozan

0 Kudos

Hi Ozan,

yes, as I said, a planning function is of no help if you want to change a message that comes from the query.

Regards,

Gregor

Answers (0)