Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete the favorites in WAD ?

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I have an requirement to do something like below screen print, where i need to add button called favorites in WAD and need  to delete selected favorites in WAD

I created a button and I don't know how to step next / don't know whether there is standard functionality of favorites to display for it.

Thanks,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

I am not sure about the option of creating the favourites folder using WAD and the configurations behind it, but there is another way to delete your own favourites by having a new folder assigned to you in portal.

Basis Team would help you in this if you ask them to provide you access for favourites which I did for myself before few days and now I have a separate folder for favourites along with other reporting folders

Now when I do 'save as' from the query result, I will be allowed to save the report as my favourites. Then if I don't need that, I will go to the favourites folder and delete from there as below.

Try this and see if it works. If it works, you could assign the same role to the business users if required for them as well. Let us know if you have any challenges.

PS: Hope you also understood that this folder will show you all favourites, not just corresponding to one report. Its refers to your user id.

Regards

Karthik

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That's Great Karthik Thanks for this information

May I know, what is that portal , where i myself see it wrt to my client ?

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

BI Enterprise Portal is one of the way to access and execute the queries. This is a link which will take you to your browser through your BI credentials where you will find all the published BI reports.

How do you access your BI reports? in your project.

You should have options like BEx Query designer, BEx Analyzer and/or portal. If you do not have portal configured, please get information from your seniors or Basis team to check if it ever existed in your project

Regards

Karthik

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for it Karthik,

But the in my project the user used to access reports like below...

Where he open the portal link and click on SAP BW reporting 7.0 application and it directly tends to display the web report

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

I think you are using Citrix for accessing BI and reports.

Please check with your basis team or the team who maintains Citrix applications. They should definitely have some idea on how the reports are being populated

Regards

Karthik

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

I tired contacting with Basis team and Security team but seems there is no positive response from,

You have any other thoughts for this. I'm worried how it can be done

Thanks,

Siva

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

did you mean you want to copy the functionality from the standard web template?

Then use the SAP standard web template as the pattern for your button.

open template 0analysis_pattern

got to the button

have a look what it does

do the same things in your web template.

regards

Cornelia

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

Thanks for your reply !!!

In standard template that functionality is not there, we need to develop/built in WAD.

Screen shot which is mentioned above , I got from my colleague where he showed the same kind of thing he had made in his project... by  developing it

Thanks,

Siva

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

, and and others can you please have a look and let me know your thoughts on this

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Sorry but I have no idea with your problem..Maybe others can help you..

Regards,

Loed

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

neither do I

@Siva - what is behind that Favorites button? Is it variants?

regards

Cornelia