cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon screen for BW users (queries from query designer) – "change password" not available

0 Kudos

Hello all

I looked in SCN about this topic but I didn’t found anything really appropriate.

When running a BW query (from query designer) with standard template from WebApplicationDesigner 3.5 with this link…

http://xxxx.dc.hella.com:8015/sap/bw/mime/Customer/Pages/start_bw.html?CMD=LDOC&INFOCUBE=XPA_M02&QUE...

...we got a logon screen where it is possible to change the password:

I know that this can be parameterized in SICF transaction:

Now, to my question: When running the same BW query with standard template WebApplicationDesigner 7 with this link…

http://xxxx.dc.hella.com:54900/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fp...

…I got a logon screen like this (without ‘change password option’)

What do I have to do to have a similar logon with ‘change password’ option?

Please notice that we start directly a BW query without being on the portal page. So,
we do not have a ‘personalize’ link.

I would appreciate help on that very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

The first scenario runs in an ABAP stack system, so you have ICF configurations that can be configured.

The second scenario runs in a Java stack system. I am not sure whether you can force a "change password" link in the logon screen. Most likely, if you have an initial password, then a change password screen will appear, upon you press the logon button. Maybe you can find more in SAP note 1729513, Security section.

I hope this helps,

Cris

0 Kudos

Hello Christiano

Thanks for your reply. I had a look on the OSS but unfortunatly it does not give me a hint how to force the system to offer me permanantly (not only if initial password has to be changed) the possibility to change the password. The strange thing is that this functionality does not seem to me very exclusive but still i havent found a method to adjust the system in that way.

For any other help or hint on this I would be vary grateful.

Frank

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I found something that might help you.

KBA 1912589 shows how to configure the "Get Support" link, which shows a "Password Reset" option in a dropdown box.

KBA 1913161 also follows a similar direction.

Kind regards,

Cris

0 Kudos

Hello Christiano

thank you very much for this help and it goes into the right direction. But I want for the users a way to change their password on their own (defined by themselves [of course meeting the password criteria defined] and at the moment they want (and not only when they are forced to [change initial password]). With the 'reset password' (generated password by system) or the general "get support link" this is not achieved unfortunatly.

Do you or anybody else have another idea?

Frank

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

As I am not a regular user of a Portal, I am not sure how to reach the "self-management" area. It seems that there is a role, IME.Manage_My_Password, which would allow an user to change the password.

Cris

0 Kudos

Hello Christiano,

this is - as far as I figured out - related to the 'personalize link' on the portal page. We do not run our BW reporting within the portal so that we do not have that link for the users. If there is way to bring this 'personalize' link to the logon mask this could be the solution. But i haven't found a way how to do this.

Frank