cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODQR jobs created in background are scheduled by SAP BODS when utilizing extractors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm executing 2LIS_13_VDITM extractor in initial mode and the job in BODS starts and does not start extracting data. In SAP in SM37 i could see the ODQR job created for this and has status scheduled.So, apparently BODS is waiting on the background job to be completed to extract data. I have to work with BASIS team every time to release this job so  it could finish the extraction. I tried using both execute in background yes & no.

I don't see this issue in delta mode(initial load set to no) as job is being executed and returning the data as expected.

Also, i didn't have this issue earlier when running in Initial mode. Not sure, what has changed?

Can you please help me to understand the background jobs and resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Rohith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

Background jobs with status "scheduled" won't run. You will have to release the background job. I suppose in the context of BODS that it might be an event triggered job, so you do not have to enter a date/time.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Sander!

Earlier when i executed in initial mode , i did not have to go and release the back ground jobs to get executed. They used to get executed on the run and return data to BODS for extraction. Can you let me know if there is any setting to get this back as working to usual?

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

Could it be that a start date/time is missing? In BW a background job can only be released if it has a start criterion (e.g. a start date/time, start immediately or an event).

Can you please check if this would explain the issue? If you see another job with status "scheduled", go into the job details and check if the start criterion is available.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Sanders!

I saw the scheduled jobs and they all have date and time in the job details but its still scheduled. The date and time reflects the date and time when the job in BODS was triggered.

Regards,

Rohith

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

Is it really causing an issue? An initialization is usually executed once only. It might be that therefore the scheduling behavior is different. I think it is more important that the daily delta loads will run automatically.

Anyway, I don't have an explanation for the different scheduling behavior between initialization and delta. If you would like to investigate further, it might be an idea to reassign this discussion to the space .

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue was related to a missing authorization to the Batch user id that was uses by BODS. Security team resolved this.

Thanks for your response.

Answers (0)