cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File System Repository folder intermittent disappearing from KM Content.

former_member392334
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts !

We are experiencing an odd problem at my Company.

There are two folders that has been created some years ago ( since 2011) in File System Repository under KM Content. Those  folders are pointing to a local file system folder in a Unix server. It was working fine, without any problem, and then since two weeks ago ,the folders started not showing up in KM Content, and after a few minutes , it appears again in random occasions. As a result, of course, no one can access the reports on this folders, when it is not listed in KM Content. Also the local file system is accessible at the time when KM content folders are missing.

I checked the directory in the Unix server and there is no change in any folders, subfolders or files.

Does anyone experienced this kind of issue ?

thanks in advance.

Josimar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cathal_kelly
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Josimar,

From a KM point of view, if the file system is unavailable for some reason then it would be expected that the file system repository would also disappear from the KM Content at that time. However, while the file system repository disappearing from the portal would be a side effect of the file system becoming unavailable, the KM is unlikely to be connected to the cause of the file system becoming unavailable. Is it completely unavailable, ie. you cannot access it even from outside of the portal?

If so, it would seem that this is an issue with the file system itself rather than KM. If the file system is only unavailable from with the portal at this time then I would advise checking the configuration of the System Landscape. Is it a clustered environment? If so, check to ensure that there are no invalid CM systems defined in the System Landscape definitions, ensure that the 'Clustered Installation' checkbox is selected in the 'System Landscape Service' configuration, and ensure that the /etc repository is configured as outlined in SAP Note 1178294 (ie. the root directory needs to be pointing to a central share). Note that any changes made to these configurations will require a portal restart before the changes will take effect.

Kind regards,

Cathal