former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a generic datasource with the following fields:

Plant  (char 15)

Plant_name (char 40)

kunnr (type kunnr)

I would like to create a master data characteristic in the infoprovider with the Plant field, which had plant_name and kunnr as attributes.

The problem is that Plant is not unique key, really the unique key is the combination of Plant and kunnr.

How I have to create this characteristic and I have to load data in this characterisitic?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just to specify Patel's answer: you should add plant as a compound attribute of kunnr.

both have to be added to the datatarget.

for the plant text, you can use the standard business content extractor.

M.

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to change 0customer and add 0custerm as a compound attribute of plant.

But, how can I enable the compounding tab?

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it makes no sense to put the customer as an compound attribute of the plant. and you better not change the standard infoobjects. create Z ones.

M.

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, but in case I use 0customer as compound attribute, really I'm not changing 0customer, am I?

Thanks again

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it makes no sense to put the customer as an compound attribute of the plant. and you better not change the standard infoobjects. create Z ones.

M.

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I strongly agree with M.

1) never change 0-objects

2) compounding plant to customer does mako no sense at all

3) what do you mean "how to enable compound tab"? It´s always there and when you go to change mode for the info object you can add compound chars (they are not called attributes, they are characteristics)

only in case of a referencing char you will not be able to change the compounding char.

if you can not change the 0-objects, then probably because of missing auth - which in your case I would recommend.

regards

Cornelia

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Accept with Patel suggestion.

For Plant info object you can load attributes and text(plant name/description) data as well.

Or You can add plant name as attribute to plant itself.

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

It's clear,

How can I see the compounding tab in plant infoobject?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From Bw, RSA1, open 0PLANT info object in edit mode.

Go to compound tab and enter/add required info object.

save and activate it.

Later do proper mapings at transforamtions levels and do the rest of the actions.

Thanks

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry I hadn't seen the tab.

One question, is it possible to add 0customer as compound attribute in plant infoobject?

Thanks.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Need to scroll(blue color area) tabs to extreme right.

Adding customer as compound is possible. But need to think about uniqueness combination of plant and customer.

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DON'T CHANGE THE 0PLANT infoobject!!! this is a standard one. if you change this one, all objects in which it's used are becoming inactive!!!

Best is to create a Z infoobject for your customer and add the plant as a compounding attribute.

You can check 0MAT_PLANT, which is a compounding of material and plant.

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roig,

Its clear from your requirement that you can add Plant name as text of the Plant Info object,

and for Plant and Kunnr uniqueness I would Suggest you to go with Compounding the object.

For more information please refer below link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/908ec141-d39f-2e10-50b0-c4518fc97...

Hope it helps !!!

Regards,

Maunank Patel

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody,

the theory is clear, what I don't see is how to add the compounding tab?

And, is there any problem if I add kunnr as compound attribute of plant?

Regards.