Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Caching issue in Personas 2.0

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are on Personas 2.0 SP3.

In transaction VA41 -> Header Data (Button)

I am caching tabs as below.

As you can see, I brought one field out of the tab. Now, when I go to 2nd tab -> Contract data - which is not cacheable, the above field vanishes.

Now when I do the caching again staying on the Contract Data tab, see the following pic.

After, I SAVE and EXIT, the focus moves back to the first tab ie Sales tab and even after I click on Contract data tab, it still jumps back to the Sales tab.

Please help.

Regards,

Salil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check your screen number and control id to see if they changed while you nevigating through tabs? If so, you likely to set Screen Overwirte rule and control ID overwrite rule for VA41. Try it anyway.

Br,

Dong

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

is this available in Personas 2 ?

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a situation where I am caching tabs for Item Details and bringing the required fields on Tab1.

Now, the tab for Billing Plan is only available for Item 10 and not for rest of the items as the product in Item 10 is a BOM.

When i execute for Item 10, it looks perfect but when I do it for Item 20, the whole thing messes up.

Any idea or suggestions?

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tried using the Screen Overwrite rule but unfortunately am not able to get the correct script for VA41/Va42/VA43 and VA01/Va02/VA03.

i followed the following link :

Screen and Control ID Overwrite Concept in Personas 3.0 - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to do this is the RIGHT way - first, enable/disable caching, then SAVE&EXIT. This makes the Personas to remember caching settings. Then enter editing mode, drog your control out, save&exit. Then editing again, hide the tabs.

For some reasons, in your current way, the things may already "Messed up". I'd rather start a new copy flavor, and do Tab merging from scratch in the steps mentioned. I have experienced such and it was not easy solve the mess. Better redo a new flavor. Give it a try.

Does this help?

Dong Zhu

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Dong. I will give it a try. I also think if SP3 might have introduced a bug. I had tried to start from scratch more than 3 times but no success. Will give it one more shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SP03 now and actually I am facing a Tab caching issue as well in ME51N - when the tab caching is enabled, the frontend is sending request constantly. A SAP guy is looking at that. Maybe SP03 does have some issue with Tab. I tested the same case in SP02 where it went OK.

Dong

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dong,

Did SAP come back to you on this issue?

Regards,

Salil

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The field shall vanish if the tab, in which it originally belongs to, is not cached. If you do not want the field to vanish, just enable caching for the tab from which you obtained it.

I've faced the focus problem before. Had raised an OSS on it. Was suggested to enable caching for all tabs. It solved the issue, though its not a proper fix.

Regards,

Saud.

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks but that does not solve my problem as the Contract Data tab is not cacheable.

Basically, the question would be, how to deal with a situation wherein, we have some tabs which are cacheable and some which are not. I would like to bring the fields from cacheable tabs outside and leave the tabs which are not cacheable as it is. When we click the non-cacheable tabs, the fields taken out from cacheable tabs should be visible.