Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Compensation SFSF integration

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have completed required configuration in ECC and SF for compensation.

executed report RH_SFI_SYNCH_COMP_DATA after changing employee's salary.

we can see the service employeecompensationstagingfields call is successful in SFSF.

response says that salary update is successful.

<objectEditResult>

<errorStatus>OK</errorStatus>

<editStatus>UPDATED</editStatus>

<index>0</index>

but we checked in SF, the employee's salary is not updated. still it is displaying old salary.

once interface updates the compensation details in SF, will that go to manager's approval?

once manager approves it, then it will imported  and activated in ECC?

Please help if there is any process in SF to approve salary after running report RH_SFI_SYNCH_COMP_DATA

Regards,

Muni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is working now. there was a issue with data. ie. utilization was 0. changed and it started updating the annual salary in inf0008.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

Can you tell me what are all the infotypes to be used for a basic Compensation management integration, immaterial of the customer??

In case of using SFSF adapter, instead of Soap or Rest, what entities do we need to access in SF, to generate the XSD?

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

info type 8.

for sending compensation from SAP to SF, you need to know the entity. Check with SF team , they will provide the name.

to send the data from SF to ECC. there will be one more enity. this will get created once SF team completes the configuration.

check the add on documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"for sending compensation from SAP to SF, you need to know the entity. Check with SF team , they will provide the name."

Does it going to vary, or is it a standard entity? and is it CompoundEmployee?

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

name of the entity will be as per configuration. whatever SF ppl give we need to use it.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is there any other step after running report RH_SFI_ACTIVATE_COMP_DATA.

went to PA30 and checked the salary details. still it is unchanged.

from SF we sent sal increment. still not updating in SAP

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Luke,

i am seeing different data getting populated in the generated ah hoc report.

sometimes it has 3 fields. sometimes 8.

which one is correct?

we can see in HCM monitor the activation is successful. but salary is not getting updated in infotype 08.

do we need to do after activation report is run to make updated salary available in info type 08?

Regards,

Muni

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adhoc report id is wrong. hence above error is coming.

RDS document(C1K_ERP607_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX) outlines how to get the correct ahoc name from SFSF.

Determine the API Entity for the Compensation Staging Fields Entity:

1.     Navigate to Admin Tools

2.     Navigate to API Data Dictionary

3.     Look for new Ad Hoc Report entities in the higher value range. You must choose the “+” to open the report definition

4.     Locate the report with the name SAP Compensation Report for Integration

5.     Note the technical report name “AdhocReport_####”.  This value will be needed in the HCM system settings for the integration.

after running RH_SFI_IMPORT_COMP_DATA, ECC is calling some services,  one service gets task id, another one gets the task with finished status and last one send the task id and gets the binary data.

nothing is getting successful.

any idea what is happening here?

how to decode above binary data?

Regards,

Muni.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure it's the right ad-hoc report?

That binary seems like Base64. You can use a decoder online.

Best regards,

Luke

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i was able to decode it. but only csv file name was readable. i think it is getting zero records from the SF.

still facing this issue

will keep you posted if any.

Regards,

Muni

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems to be there is no record present in the extracted file  in Successfactors.

Analytics-->Reporting-->Scheduled reports-->search for report

is there any reason why it is not having any records in it? we have completed the compensation planning.

Regards,

Muni

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sap asked to implement note 1438754.

now import and activate report is working but updated salary is not reflecting in infotye 0008.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

Report RH_SFI_SYNCH_COMP_DATA is for transferring data to SuccessFactors. You need to run report RH_SFI_IMPORT_COMP_DATA to import data and then use report RH_SFI_ACTIVATE_COMP_DATA to activate the data to the payroll infotypes.

Best regards,

Luke

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

I have run second report. I am getting below application error from SF.

SAP has provided, standard Adhoc report, which has this API data dictionary. is this correct one? or it should have query operation also?

i have noticed one more issue in report RH_SFI_IMPORT_COMP_DATA.

we can not input api entity name "EmployeeCompensationStagingFields_rdscomp" to this report as report can take only 50 chars. hence EmployeeCompensationStagingFields_rdscomp is getting truncated to EmployeeCompensationStagingFields_rdsc

is this known one? do we have fix for this?

Regards,

Muni.