cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@Prompt Multiple select error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using an @Prompt in UDT (it is being used to select a historical year) Essentially what I am looking to do is give this existing universe the ability to look back at any user selected 2 years of data and then run reports off of this data.

I am able to get the @Prompt to work for a single selection:

RADB.dbo.YMG_Fiscal_Periods.Fiscal_Year = @Prompt('Enter value for Historical Fiscal Year','N','RVU\Historical Fiscal Year',Mono,Constrained,Persistent,,User:0)

But when I change the @Prompt to try and use 2 years I get a syntax error in the WEBI Report:

RADB.dbo.YMG_Fiscal_Periods.Fiscal_Year = @Prompt('Enter value for Historical Prior and Current Fiscal Years','N','RVU\Historical Fiscal Year',Multi,Constrained,Not_Persistent,,User:0)

Any Suggestions of what I am missing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

If you want to select multiple dates in the @prompt in UDT.

try to do it using this " IN " keyword.

RADB.dbo.YMG_Fiscal_Periods.Fiscal_Year in @Prompt('Enter value for Historical Prior and Current Fiscal Years','N','RVU\Historical Fiscal Year',Multi,Constrained,Not_Persistent,,User:0)

or

@select(RADB.dbo.YMG_Fiscal_Periods.Fiscal_Year) IN @Prompt('Enter value for Historical Prior and Current Fiscal Years','N','RVU\Historical Fiscal Year',Multi,Constrained,Not_Persistent,,User:0)

hope this will help you.

Thanks and regards,

Saaii Kirran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

The syntax looks fine.
But I would suggest you to create a webi report on this universe and use the RVU\Historical Fiscal Year as prompt. For multiple values select In list instead of equal to. Go to the prompt settings and select the option that you want - Retain last values, Values only from list (contrained),etc.

And view the Query script that is generated. You may copy and paste this same @prompt syntax in the universe.

Hope this helps.