Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Iam an Hardware network engineer and currently working as Sr Executive IT

as my company is also implementing SAP i want to start my career in SAP so please help me. what is requirement

to be an sap engineer. or consultant what type of study and material required for this I am B.A graduate.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Networking is a bit away from the SAP world in a sense that you have to start the learning process from ground zero. I would say it is easier to start with basis related stuff (anything related to NetWeaver Application Server Java and/or ABAP). Simply because these are rather technical areas.

I have to mention here the importance of Cloud, because it will get bigger and bigger attention in the future. If you have the option start studying something that is related to Cloud and HANA it will pay out later.

But actually whatever you can start with at your current company is good to go. That would be the most obvious choice, to start the basics at your current place and gain some practical experience there.

Best Regards,

Peter

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Go for SAP Basis.

Join a Institute ( either local or an Authorized one ) and get the knowledge and practice it well in the institute and then try to speak to the Project Manager in your company that you are interested and would like to work with the SAP Team and showcase him that you have undergone the training.

Since you are new to SAP World you would need to start as a fresher and then over a period of time you would become Expert SAP Consultant.

Regards

Shaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

As my background is more from technical area then please help me to choose better path in SAP

as i am form technical team working as system admin how i can choose which area should i work which will help me in my future .

Is there any sap study like to maintain SAP server to handle the bugs in daily work and become expert in SAP to help my future

I may join an institute but also but till From where i get study material which will help me to undersatnd all the basic in SAP and troubleshoot problems

0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

As I said earlier Since you belong to Technical, Basis would be suitable for you.

There are many SAP BASIS Materials, search in Google.

First go through the basics.

You can also find many useful materials(Documents & Blogs & wiki) with screen shots in SAP SDN.

Spend time searching in SAP SDN with patience and it will be worth your effort.

All the Best.

Regards

Shaik

0 Kudos

thanks sajid for your helpful reply if there is any query i will get back to you