Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global parameter is not submitted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to modify standard event 360 for dunning activity so that the posting date is not affected by the closing period. So, i've created a customer specfic event which is copied from standard FKK_SAMPLE_0360 and assigned it to the copied of standard function group FKFM, i.e. ZFKFM.

When i run the function dunning activity from Transaction FPVB, the application log shows error "Transferred data incomplete, field FKKKO-FIKEY not specified". In fact, field FIKEY is a global parameter submitted to this FM. When i activated the custom event and do the debugging, the reconciliation key (FIKEY) is not passed. When i deactivated it and use back the standard event, it is submitted.

May i know where goes wrong and how to get the global parameter value _FIKEY is passed to the custom event above so that no more error when running FPVB?

Hope to get your prompt and kind response soon.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

PCG

4 REPLIES 4

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PCG,

I think the global parameter _FIKEY will be passed to function group FKFM thru FKK_SAMPLE_0310, but not to function group ZFKFM. So it is available in FKK_SAMPLE_0360, but not in your copy. Make sure to have a copy of FKK_SAMPLE_0310 in ZFKFM too.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your kind input. It really lights me up. Previously i copied all the FM under FG FKFM to ZFKFM and renamed all copied FM to Z*. However, i don't activate ZFKK_SAMPLE_0310 (event 310) from table TFKFBC besides Z*360 (event 360). Now after i'd done so, looked like it works!

I've few more queries as below:

1) Am i right to say that i actually need to add FM Z*360 & Z*310 to ZFKFM only. The rest of ZFM can be removed from ZFKFM. In table TFKFBC, i only require to maintain event 310 & 360 with Z*360 & Z*310. Would it be OK also if i just leave all other ZFM there under ZFKFM but without any changes?

2) From transaction FQEVENTS, when i look for event 310, noticed that both standard FM and Installation-Specific FM is activated. Both actually having the same codes. Which one will be read first? Does it a matter? Do i need to remove the standard FM from table TFKFBS? For event 360, it is however only Installation-Specific FM is activated. I maintained both the same way from table TFKFBC and both standard FM can also be found in table TFKFBS. Just that there is code modification in Z*360. Please refer to the screen shots attached and kindly advise again. What make only Z*360 is activated and not for 310?

Hope to hear from you again. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

PCG

TFKFBS:

TFKFBC:

0 Kudos

Hi PCG,

regarding question 1 I'm not sure, if you can delete all other copied FM's. It should be so, but some of the called FMs may change local data in the function group. So maybe you need to change some fm calls from Z*310 and Z*360 to the Z-versions of the called FMs, but try it with the original FMs first.

For question 2 I have no idea, because tcode FQEVENTS is not executable in our systems. But we have no sample entries in tables TFKFBS and TFKFBC.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your valuable input. I've applied the necessary and it is working now.

Regards,

PCG