cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to generate a Calculated member

0 Kudos

I have a request from a user to generate a calculated member and I can't seem to get the formula to work.

I'm trying to use a dimension formula based on the accounts.  This is what I've entered and ran a few test with but my results do not match the manually calculated values.   

I've tried to outline the calculation in my attached screen shot. 

'(AC_730200_H2-(AC_740300_H2-ABS((AC_740266_H2+AC_502041+AC_502042))))

Another thing I'm unsure of does it make a difference that the accounts being summed before the subtraction are child members to AC_740300_H2.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I'm no expert but the syntax for my calculated members is [dimension].[hierarchy].[member] so using this may resolve your H2 question. Also if one of the member is a rollup, calculation, etc. you may need to add a solve order. Example: ([Account].[H1].[TotalExpenses])-([Account].[H1].[SalesWagesExp]),solveorder=5

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Crowl,

quite all of your threads are "not answered" please rember that is your duty to close the thread after solved assingning a "correct answer", it's possible to assign also yourself just add an answer where you explain the solution, this will help other users in future and diminuish garbage in the forums, see please How to close a discussion and why and Are you a responsible person in SCN?.

Bill give you the right syntax for formulas, about your doubt it doesn't make any difference.

But I've a doubt about your formula, it seems you calculate the sum of some children (say A) and you subtract the parent (say B) so you obtain the other sum of the other childrens (say C), i.e. B-A=C and as last calculation you do the difference between parent B and childrens C, i.e. B-C but this is A, so isn't sufficient to do the innermost calculation?

Regards

Roberto