cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing both 64bit and 32bit Oracle Drivers for BI 4.1 in Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been having an issue getting my Crystal reports to run on a new install of BI4.1(SP5).  I imported them in from my Old 3.1 system.

I am getting the error

"

The viewer could not process an event. Error in File Insert Report: Failed to load database information. [] ---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]

2015-09-25 10:43:53 com.businessobjects.report.web.shared.WebReportingException: The viewer could not process an event. Error in File Insert Report: Failed to load database information. [] ---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119] at com.businessobjects.report.web.shared.WebReportingException.throwWebReportingException(WebReportingException.java:71) at ...."

All of the information I have read points to an issue with the Oracle driver installation.

I have read the following thread:

Unfortuantely, that thread is more Windows centric.  Has anyone gotten this to work successfully in Linux?   I am running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago).

I have set

export ORACLE_HOME=<path>

export ORACLE_HOME32=<path>

export TNS_ADMIN=<path>

export LIBPATH=${LIBPATH}:${ORACLE_HOME}/lib:${ORACLE_HOME32}/lib:$BINDIR

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LIBPATH

export BOE_USE_32BIT_ENV_FOR=ORACLE_HOME   (since Linux isn't supposed to have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH here according to the admin guide)

Do you have any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's what ended up working for me:

export ORACLE_BASE=/oracle
export ORACLE_HOME=<64 bit install path>
export ORACLE_HOME32=<32 bit install path>
export TNS_ADMIN=<path to tnsnames.ora>

if [ "$LIBPATH" = "" ]
then
        export LIBPATH=${ORACLE_HOME}/lib:${ORACLE_HOME32}/lib:$BINDIR
else
        export LIBPATH=${LIBPATH}:${ORACLE_HOME}/lib:${ORACLE_HOME32}/lib:$BINDIR
fi
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LIBPATH
export BOE_USE_32BIT_ENV_FOR=ORACLE_HOME

Answers (0)