cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUET Integration: Role Sync timer job failed: Unexpected error has occurred. Inner exception message is: Finder method call failed. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Recently I am integrating SharePoint 2013 with SAP by DUET Enterprise 2.0. We successfully followed and completed all steps mentioned in DUET installation guide document. We successfully imported reporting, Role Sync and workflow BDC models into SharePoint. The next step, we are following Role Synchronization document. We configured and activated farm features. The timer job named "Duet Enterprise Profile Synchronization for User Profile Service Application" created in SharePoint successfully. But when I hit Run Now to run timer job, it throws exception: Unexpected error has occurred. Inner exception message is: Finder method call failed. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Timer job internally trying to access this URL: http://agueccaed00:8000/sap/opu/odata/IWSES/ROLESERVICE/UserRoleInfoCollection?$filter=IsDeleted%20e...

The same error message, we are getting in SAP NetWeaver Gateway Client screen. Further we checked in /IWFND/Error_log, we are getting some error in UserRoleInfoCollection method, while processing some "timestamp" property.

We are stuck here. Please help us in this matter.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After further analysis, we come to know that BC sets for Role Sync is not activated properly. Some items are showing in red.

Also when I open /IWSES/RoleService in "Activate and maintain services" screen, service implementation is blank. Clicking on Service implementation does not redirected to service implementation pop up.

Also we found that there is no data provider is assigned to RoleSync service.

From above observation states that because of RoleSync BC sets not activated properly, classes and mapping of models are missing.

When we executed SharePoint DUET Role Sync timer job, we are getting following errors:

• Executed SharePoint DUET Role Sync timer job and status is failed.

• SAP Gateway error log (/IWFND/Error_log)

• SAP Gateway application log (/IWFND/Apps_log)

I have no clue why mapping of model classes not done automatically. If I am missing anything please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Did you execute the SAP side of installing Role Synchronization:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Many thanks for giving time for this!

Yes, I executed "Synchronize Role to Consumers" activity. I got successful message also. I found mapped roles entries in D_RS_DATA table. Please check below screen shot.

Below pic for mapping users activity (Users imported into SAP)

EXTIDH column missing some values. Is it problem? We are working on it but  not sure why this column is blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also implemented note 1955724

Note Deatils:

1955724:Role sync failing in Duet Enterprise 2.0

Symptom

Role sync is failing in Duet Enterprise 2.0

Other Terms

Role sync, USREXTIDH, IssuerH, IWSES/CL_ROLE_SYNC, get reverse mapping, external ID

Reason and Prerequisites

When user mapping is done for Duet Enterprise 2.0, in the user mapping screen, the External ID type is always provided as "DN", however only "CA" is saved in the USREXTIDH table, and hence in the below query we have removed the WHERE clause which queries based on external ID type. The USREXTID always saves the hash value of the issuer in ISSUERH field and not in EXTIDH field. So the external ID in the role sync table (/IWSES/D_RS_DATA) is always empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

From the screenshot above, it is not clear to me what exact error is administrated in /IWFND/ERROR_LOG, when you invoke the RoleSyncService from SharePoint control. Is it about the missing role-entries, or the invalid timestamp format?

Did you check How to Configure and Execute Role Synchronization in Duet Enterprise 2.0?

Update: I noticed that Microsoft Edge fails to open the PDF. Use any of the other browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) instead.

William.