cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoicing nightly SD - TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a custom output copy of RD00 for email output.  It looks at program SAPMV60A.  It is using routine TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE.  We have been running nightly invoicing job for many years using program RV60SBT1. 

Some of the invoices that get emailed have &XVBRK-VBELN& filled out in the email subject line and others do not get that field filled in.  I had Basis go in and put an email address on every user that processes invoices.  So if users are creating invoices in VF01/VF04, the VBELN entry comes out fine. But nighttime processing is run by user BATCHUSER and VBELN does not come out.  I asked out Basis to add an email address to BATCHUSER. Still VBELN is blank.  So after investigating this a little, I see notes that we should be scheduling nighttime through VF06 which uses another program than my old RV60SBT1.  So I tried that, which runs in background under my name.  Still no VBELN.  But when I process under my name in VF04, the VBELN gets filled in.  We are on ECC 6.0 ep 5.

Can anyone tell me specifically where I am going wrong?  This is very time consuming on something that should be simple.

Susan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no matter what you do, what counts is what programm is beeing used for symbol replace and when it gets replaced.

if you replace it each time you got a new subject, it should work.dont forget to work with global variables (global in the programm you used for text-symbol-replace) and that the variable got the valid value (in the programm you used for text-symbol-replace).

so its better to go wit the fm and give your own programm then working with global variables from another programm. although, you wont have a link when calling external formroutines.

regards

Stefan Seeburger

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if i understand you correct, the only problem is, that &XVBRK-VBELN& is not replaced by its value.

the invoice comes out "fine" in dialog and batch, only the VBLEN in Email Heading differs.

i guess something is wrong with the sy-repid parameter inside the functionTEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE - maybe its wrong for batch processing. I guess you go better with calling the FM TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE directly and not that subroutine from programm SAPMV60A.

regards

Stefan Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephan,

What about if I use program SAPLV60A instead of SAPMV60A and keep the subroutine TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE?  Yes, the subject line entry is fine in dialog but not in batch user mode.

Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried SAPLV60A which is for individual processing with attached subroutine for my output ZEML email invoice.   I did get an invoice number in the two documents I tried in VF06 on the email subject line, but they had the same invoice number for both which is incorrect..