cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with common distribution channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have two distribution channels 01 & 02 for sales org AU00. I created a material in AU00/01.

I configured the Common distribution channel as below, so I don't have to extend the material into AU00/02.

AU00 - 01 - 01

AU00 - 02 - 01.

However, when I create a sales order with this customer (AU00/02) & material maintained in AU00/01, I get the message that the material is not maintained in AU00/01. Have I missed anything in the config?

The requirement is to able to maintain the material in one distribution channel and able to sell it in multiple distribution channels without having to extend the materials. How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please share screenshots of:

• the setup for common distribution channels,
  • customer master (KNVV - sales area data),
  • material master (Sales: Sales org. 1),
  • the error during order creation,
  • VOV8 settings for the order?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veseline

Please find the screenshots below.

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

01 is your common distribution channel, so you should have created customer with this distribution channel but you have created it with 51. Taking this point further, system should not allow you to create a customer with dis channel 51, it will be possible to create customer and material masters only with 01 (common dis channel)

Create customer (KNVV) with NL01, 01, 01 and then test by creating a sales order.

TW

Note: Glynn C Williams has explained it very well in his book.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tw

Thanks for the reply.

Following your advice, I created the customer in NL01/01/01 & when I try to create an order for NL01/51/01 with customer maintained in NL01/01/01, I get a pop up that the sales area is set to NL01/01/01.

As I cannot extend the customer to NL01/51/01 as my common distribution channel is 01, how can I create an order for a customer/material only maintained in NL01/01/01.

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

Please check KNVV for this customer, do you have entries for both dis channels? Then, the set up is not created correctly. I suggest you create a new customer number with NL01, 01, 01 and then test with sales order and sales area NL01, 51, 01.

TW

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably you created the customer before you set up the common distribution channels.

From IDES:

Customizing:

Customer:

Material:

Sales order creation (either select the desired sales area  from the popup or enter it in the first screen of VA01):

If your client wishes to have the pricing conditions created separately for each distribution channel, instead of 4500/60/01/01 enter 4500/60/60/01.