Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete notification via IW42

stefan_bogesch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to complete notifications of an order via IW42?

Order has no notification at header but several notifications at object list.

At IW42 the techn. completion can be set for an order, but it will not complete the notifications.

Only the Header notification will be closed, if one is assingend to the Header.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SB,

I am able to see that this is possible through user-exit CONFPM05. Through this your ABAPer can make it happen.

Logic

1. Collect the Notification list of the Order (CAUFVD_TAB-AUFNR) to an internal table.
  2. Have few lines of batch program to complete these Notification  (with a loop of the the above internal table).
  3. As an alternative to batch lines above in sn2 above, you can use a function module to complete the notifications (fm like BAPI_QUALNOT_COMPLSTAT)
  4. Upon confirmation Save event you'd notice that all these Notifications have turned into NOCO status. Please keep it in mind that the entire code should be between these two lines.

IF SY-TCODE = 'IW42'.

ENDIF.

Otherwise it will be completing the Notifications if some operation is confirmed through IW41.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

stefan_bogesch
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 615110 looks quite relevant to your issue, if you can get it implemented properly. Attaching the same for others to go through and post their comments.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

stefan_bogesch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've found the note 615110.

Think that will be the easiest

What do you think?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SB,

Bear in mind that this OSS Note is a "modification" and your ABAP/Basis Teams may not allow it..

PeteA

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello S B,

By this time could have tested and confirmed what is working and what is not. If someone is unable to get the Notifications completed through the ways suggested then there will be problem in whatever method you follow, because the reason then will be developing skills.There is no way of getting it done through IWO10009. If you are going for some user-exit way of doing it, it has to be through the methods already told to you.

By asking repeatedly whether this will work or that will work, you are going to lose good solutions.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SB,

In case you are not particular about completing the Notifications during IW42, as you've asked for, instead you want to do it when you TECO the order then user-exit IWO10004 works for you. Same logic given in my post applies there also. Read CAUFVD_TAB-AUFNR as CAUFVD_IMP-AUFNR. If you choose this route and want to force users to CNF the Order before they attempt TECO then you can have the code suggested here in the link given below prior to the Notification completing code.

. If you are particular about IW42 then my previous post is valid.

Regards & Goodluck

KJogeswaraRao

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SB,

You need a "follow-on" process that is triggered after the order is saved, which then determines these notifications and closes them.

This can probably be triggered by a development after order save (user-exit IWO10009, or BADI WORKORDER_UPDATE). This process will not inform the user that something failed.

Alternatively, if you are not too worried about when these notifications are closed, then create a batch program and schedule it to run periodically (say overnight) to search for recently TECOd orders and find any open notifications, and close them. An error log can be created in this case, from which the user can interrogate.

PeteA

stefan_bogesch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pete,

why after order is saved?

I just do a completion confirmation via IW42.

Will it not work with Jogeswaras Suggestion?

Regards

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SB,

My worry would be that the IW42 process is stalled because you have an issue with one or more notifications e.g. open tasks, being processed, wrong user-status, etc..

So by having a process AFTER order save, you ensure that the IW42 transaction completes (as per standard). And the the notifications on the order Object tab are processed independently.

Thinking about it a little more, I'd prefer the batch program approach - but that's just my personal opinion..

PeteA

stefan_bogesch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

the notifications do not have an user status, no open Tasks, etc. ... only description, functional location, planner group, work center.

Would you also prefer the Batch program approach for that?

Regards