Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Decision point name" is not shown in dashboard for many PPM items

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our PPM dashboard, users are not able to see "decision point name" for a lot of items, screen shot is attached below:

When I looked for master data of these items and compared them with ones who are having decision point name listed in dashboard, I did not find any useful information.

Can you please suggest what was missing in it.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Brendan_Ward
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Implement SAP Note 1955716 to resolve this issue. I would recommend to also implement follow-on note 2206188.

Best Regards,

Brendan

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

Are you sure implementing note will resolve this issue? Because the screen shots I shared above points to some enhancement related to 'Approved' decision point and it seems that once that came into picture then onwards decision point name is coming in the dashboard. Before that enhancement it was not coming at all.

This is what I feel on it... Would like to know your opinion of it and its solution approach.

Regards

Saurabh

Brendan_Ward
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

As per Chatsworth reply, it would be more interesting to see the contents of /RPM/DECISION for an Item which shows blank DP Name and an Item where DP Name is shown.

Regards,

Brendan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Is this shown for some of the Items or for none at all?

So you have maintained the following configuration under Global Field Settings ->Dashboard Settings ->  Define Fields for dashboards for Scenario WS and Dashboard Type RIH
: Map Fieldname ACT_DECPT_NAME

If you have maintained this setting and still not working let me know of version PPM and SP level you are on

Regards
C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatswoth,

Thanks for your swift response.

Yes, this field is already mapped in the path as you suggested:

Also, it is working for half of the items only.

Can it be a reason that during implementation this field was not configured and only after creation of few items the configuration was done and 'decision point name' field started to appear in the dashboard screen of new items?

We are in PPM 5.0 version SP 011.

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh

Possibly but I am not sure. Can you check what happens if you change a decision point of one of the Items that is not pulling in? Perhaps it will trigger something and show up after you make a change and save.

Regards

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I tested it the way you suggested and found something interesting :

1) The items against which 'Decision point name' is missing are having following sequence of decision points:

2) And, the one against which it is coming are having following sequence :

So, more or less it is this (Approved) decision point which is causing this issue. Is it an enhancement or a standard field?

How can I get to address it? Kindly suggest.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

In your Item Type configuration you created Item type and associated some decision points to this. It seems that you linked Decision points Review, Approved, Execution and Close. Can you please confirm this and possibly send a screenshot of this configuration?

Secondly - is it possible that initially you only had Review, Execution and Close and then later on you added in the Approve Decision point? Can you - in order to prove this, provide a screenshot of:

1. table /rpm/decision for an Item where the values do not show up in the dashboard (Take Item GUID from /rpm/item/d and input this into ITEM_GUID of table /rpm/decision)

2. Same as above but for Item where values are pulling through onto dashboard

Thanks

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Further to my post above...

Please take one of the Items that is not currently showing in the dashboard and approve the 'Execution' Decision Point. Refresh the dashboard. Does it display now? Please let me know

Thanks

C