Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is responsible of this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, hi !

Some time ago, i created this post: .

I have a Question regarding responsibilities. I mean who is responsible for this kind of tasks? Creating this services, converting ABAP screens into HTML pages, etc. Is this a task of ABAP Developers? Is this a task of Functional Consultans? Is this a task of the Basis team?

Aditionally, we now have some developed transactions for MM. This transactions open a new browser windows for the first time they are executed but, it seems that Motorola HandHeld devices with Naurtech web browser does not suport this operations. Do yo have any advice?

Regards,

A.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andres,

This should be take over by ABAP developers and functional consultants.

The developers know how to build the screens, etc. The functional team can tell the developers what is really needed.

The Basis team provides them the infrastructure, i.e. they will have the ITS configured, so the service can be executed.

If you want to have your custom transactions migrated to ITSmobile, some rework probably is needed, as not all screen elements are supported via ITSmobile.

You can visit the ITSmobile wiki for more details.

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

Thanks for your answer. This is what i expected. I am part of the Basis team here, and the functional team ask everithing to me. I need to have a clear idea of what my responsibility covers (System maintenance, infrastructure, Change management, performance...) and what it doesn´t.

Now, after a full research and activation of services for ITSMobile, the functional team worked with ABAP Developers and they created some transactions using BSP. This is not what we expected and, of course, didn´t work from ITS Mobile Service i created for them. I think ITS Mobile is THE solution for them, but how can i prove it to them?

Regards,

A.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andres,

BSP is not designed for mobile devices - this information is available in the SAP Product Availability Matrix (PAM).

If you need to use handheld devices, then the solution available is ITSmobile.

SAP note 1070064 is worth reading.

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

Thanks again. This information is very helpfull. SAP Note 1070064 is what i used as part of my research, but PAM is a bit confusing for me. What do i need to search there? What component specifically?

Regards,

A.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andres,

You can look for web browser support.

There is a matrix, pointing a SAP web technology versus support package level. This for each web browser.

The use of BSP in mobile devices is not supported.

Regards,

Cris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andres Soncini,

Yes. The functional consultant works with both - the ABAP developers as well as the infra team.

First, the functional consultant lays down the requirement that encompass which mobile device is to be used, its model number along with the screens required, from where the data needs to be displayed and how it will be processed.

Once that is finalized, the FC first works with the infra guy to establish an ITS Internet service using the device configuration and creates basic settings for all the pages that will be used inside this internet service. This establishes a foundation and an URL for the ABAPer to do his tasks.

Then, the ABAPer, using the functional requirements specified by the FC creates programs and HTML templates under the above mentioned Internet service and tests using the URL mentioned on a local web browser on his machine (This may be due to unavailability of the mobile device at the developers location).

The functional consultant finally tests how the solution executes on the mobile device and delivers it to the business.

Let me know if you have more questions.