cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fetch document on run time from DMS to Z_Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our requirement is : our client is government client so the have different different delegation order for their indent i need to store that delegation order into sap DMS in one folder . so in user's screen (Z_Development) screen he select the parameter and as per that parameter delegation order call from the SAP DMS .

I stored that delegation order in one folder.but now after each 6 month delegation order get change so user have to upload that into that particular folder into sap dms, but how abaper can call the recent one which stored by user's once they upload new delegation order each time new one has to called automatically..

Can you please help us how could i achieve this  .

Thanks,

Aniruddha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aniruddha,

generally the folders in DMS are nothing else than document BOMs in the system. So if you have to move some "folders" or "documents from one folder to another you have to edit the involved document BOM headers.

Unfortunately I do not clearly understand what should happen in your scenario and what kind of data should be moved where. Could you please maybe explain this in detail.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

It's nice to see you on my query after long time.

Our scenario is:

Their is one z development in MM for vendor invoice management .and in that transaction we need to check one document which is stored in SAP DMS thru cv01n.

And suppose if document get change in future so we need to upload the new document into system and on click event (Button tab exist in MM transaction) the new document should be called .

How could we achieve this.

(What we have done

We created one document into the system thru cv01n  and provided an external number to that particular document.  and then we created some new version of the document and asked from abap team to call newest version thru max version query in that transaction so each time when user create the newest version it will automatically call the new document

is it feasible solution for this??

Or please suggest if we can achieve this from any other way)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you would like to attach document with respect to vendor invoice through VIM module, I would suggest to create an custom object link to attach document in VIM transaction or use standard GOS to attach documents.

The custom object link will help you to create an DMS(CV01N) document from VIM transactions.

Rgds,

Nayeem.