cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new date type for WBS element?

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In current setup, Campaigns are replicated from CRM to PS and created as WBS elements. The Campaign plan dates are replicated and stored in basic dates in WBS element. There is Campaign Run (Start/End) date too, which are required to be replicated. Since this is not there in standard dates for PS, I would like to know if its possible to add another date type at WBS level? How?

Additionally, could you tell me which BADI to use for mapping this CRM field to one on WBS?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

There are also Actual Start and Actual Finish dates, that looks like a good match for Campaign start/end.  Can you use that?

Regards,

Paulo

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

I see that though Campaign has data for Actual start/finish dates; the BDoc have them as blank. How to populate this on CRM side?

Regards,

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

I guess it depends how exactly the CRM campaigns are replicated to PS, how the fields are mapped and if they are mapped.  As I see it there are plenty of fields available, even standard fields on WBS-side.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Currently its just standard configuration. No custom or specific fields are transferred.

How to specify that which fields should transfer for a Campaign and how to map them to respective field in WBS element?

For instance, during debug I notice that on Campaign save, CRM sends a BDoc which has 'mktelementdates' with about 6 rows of dates information with different date ID.

But, in PS there are only 3 types of dates.

I need to populate one more date type (Run date) from CRM to PS. I can consider using some of existing fields in WBS. But how and where to achieve that?

Regards,

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

Unfortunately I am not aware about the configuration on CRM side even if that is "standard".  Maybe you should try posting on the CRM forum too.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo / Ken,

The way Planned and Actual (start/end) dates are visible at WBS element, as in screenshot below; I need additional tab for this third type of date as well.

Do I need to directly enhance PRTE table for these date fields or some other way? What would be steps to store them while BDoc transfer from CRM to ES? How to populate them in such a tab?

Regards,

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

You have two extra dates as part of user fields: SWRT8, SWRT9.

Also you can add a new custom tab for user-fields, that is completely standard.

As for the iDoc or BDoc, it must be a mapping on CRM side, not something we can address in PS.

Regards,

Paulo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you just want the extra dates on the WBS as information you can implement the Customer Defined Fields on the WBS Enhancement, CNEX0007.

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken,

Could you provide more detail or references on how to ? Also, how to map it with a date type coming from CRM?

Regards,

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need a developer to implement the customer enhancement.  Look on SPRO under the enhancements for WBS to get help on it.

I'm not familiar with the interface from CRM, like Paulo said, post a question in the CRM forumn.