cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad B1 Mobile Security Certificate issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

iPad and iPhone configuration setting:

http://scn.sap.com/community/business-one-integration-technology/blog/2012/09/26/ipad-and-iphone-con...

Note 2019275:

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

This posting will refer to the locations above for information.

I have configured the Integration services according to the requirements. I have also, manually, generated the security certificate. After copying the certificate to my mobile devices, I updated SAP with the device ID. I tested with two devices...

1) Android phone(s)

2) iPad

In all circumstances, in all testing... The Android devices work without issue. The iPad devices do not work.

On all devices I can open a browser and navigate to https://<servername-or-IP>:8443 and log into the Integration Framework without issue.

All of these tests are on 9.1 pl06.

Has anyone else experienced issues with connecting an iPad using B1Mobile?... Has anyone been able to resolve this?

The message I receive on the iPad is as follows;

Security Error

The certificate for this server was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

The connection to the server is disabled.

Contact your IT administrator for more details.

Thanks,

~ terry o.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mat_mat
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

I did facing the same problem as yours, initially can work on android only, but not on ipad, get the same error as yours when connect using ipad,  Security Error : certificate.....

I do below steps and solved my problem, both device android and ipad can connect successfully.

1. Login to Integration Framework, go to Tool -> Certificate Tool, then Reset Certificate. Close your Integration Framework web page, and then restart Integration service.

2. Login again to Integration Framework, go to Tool -> Certificate Tool, then enter Domain Name =  <IP ADDRESS> (instead of using server name). Then click Create Certificate, this will overwrite the previous created certificate. Close your Integration Framework web page, and then restart Integration service.

3. Install again the new created certificate into your ipad/android mobile device, then try login again your SAP. Both device should work successfully.

Regards,

Muhamad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muhamad,

That option is not available in the Integration Solution...

Is there someplace else to see that?

Thanks,

~ terry o.

mat_mat
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

I recommend you install integration framework (B1if) version 1.22.0 (delivered with SAP Business One 9.1 PL08).

Even your SAP version is lower than 9.1 PL08, you can install higher version of B1if.

For my case, my SAP version is 9.0 PL14, then I download B1 9.1PL08 just to get B1if version 1.22.0, cause easier to configure certificate, if using B1if prior that version, you have to configure certificate manually which need many steps.

Since SAP did provide the easier tools in higher version, so i use it.

Actually got another SCN link show how to fix this manually by using command script, as I said involve many steps, but i lost the link cause I ignore and dont like hard way since I found easy way, will update if i found the link again.

If you like the easy way, just install the latest B1if version 1.22, then can use simple steps like I do..:)

Regards,

Muhamad

former_member186605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a comment on this valid approach.

Generally the integration framework can be updated separately as SAP Note 2129512 - Integration framework allows cross-SAP Business One version installation illustrates. But particularly in mobile area on older basis versions it should be examined/tested carefully whether the full function is given.

As mentioned by Muhamad, check also .

Best, Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys!

I will give that a shot and update my status here.

~ terry o.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... so I did get the connection working with the iPad. However, the certificate for an iPad must be generated using the IP address.

When I generate the certificate using the internal IP address, everything works.

When I generate the certificate using the EXTERNAL IP address, I get the "security" error. (Yes, I did connect to an external network to test this.)

If the client wishes to use an iPad to connect from outside the network, which IP address is the one to use for the certificate?

Will a signed certificate need to be purchased and installed?

I am not finding any note stating the exact configuration required for external connections using an IOS device.

Thanks,

~ terry o.

mat_mat
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

I think you need to use internal ip address, same as your SAP license server ip address.

If you can connect successful from your internal network, means that the connection setting is correct, and the certificate also correct, dont change to external ip.

And to connect from outside, you just need to find a method for connection, as I know like VPN client or public ip using secure port. For my case, I get help from their network expert cause I'm not a network guy yet.

Regards,

Muhamad

Answers (0)