cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I want to make the following dependency between two characteristics. The problem is that the value that will be determined will be selected from a custom table.

Example

The following characteristics:

ZGSM

ZGRD

ZCAL

Are in a class.

I want the combination of ZGSM and ZGRD, automatically determine the value of ZCAL from the custom table (z).

What are the steps for implenent the above functionality ?

Best Regards,   

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stratos,

If you mean a database table (Z table from SE16N), then a possible solution could be to use a User-Defined Function:

User-Defined Functions - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

to be called from an object dependency (Procedure).

The dependecy will pass the

ZGSM

ZGRD

characteristics as input parameters for the function, that in turn will return the value for ZCAL characteristic (output parameter).

The function itself will execute a SELECT statement from the database table.

The object dependency will be inserted in the configuration profile.

As soon as the two input characteristics will be valuated, then the dependecy will trigger the function that will return the output characteristic value.

If you need any further detail, feel free to ask.

Thanks and bye,

Flavio

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stratos Tsantilogiannis,

It seems it can be archived through variant tables and dependency type procedure.

Please go through below link it may help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a4/63b6531de6b64ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm?frame...

I suggest setup a small example after reading this document and check result, if you see any issue, please create a thread explaining your setup and forum will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh