cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDGS Classification assignment to Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am looking for assigning a Class/Characteristics to Vendors in MDGS but I am not sure if this can be done using standard MDG data model.

I know it can be done for MDG-M.

Can it be done using extension scenario.

When I checked all the data models for BP, MDGS , MDGM all the data model does not have classification fields but MDG-M comes with standard classification.

Does MDG-S or MDG-BP comes with standard Classification assignment?

If no how can we achieve this functionality?

Regards

Suds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All

You get Additional data UIBB displayed in vendor master and not the classification. But can be done through enhancement.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDG does not support classification for suppliers/BP out of the box. You will need to build a custom enhancement to do so if you need it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abdullah,

Can you please give me some more details on custom enhancement you are suggesting.

That will be helpful

Suds

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not suggesting any specific method to build custom enhancements. You can take a look at this document for more information on how to extend different MDG applications including MDG-S: .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abdullah,

When I downloaded MDG-M data model, it also does not have Classification Attributes.

How is Classification available for Material Master UI ?

Will it be same for Supplier Master?

Or do We need to Extend the DM by SU type 3 Entity?

Regards

Suds

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this document where I can understand that vendor classification is possible with MDG7 (SP2 feature pack): http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00f37adb-9e6c-2d10-adad-9ec4b9829...

So, it might be already available given the release you are working with. In MDG6.1 and earlier versions, it definitely is not there.

Material classification UI is a native web dynpro application that is embedded within FPM. Should you end up designing yourself as a custom enhancement, I recommend using a table approach rather than a complicated tree approach. You will definitely need to at least learn how to build FPM applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

We will be using MDG 7.0 or 8.0 for MDGS. Will see if SAP has provided the Vendor Class Assignment in the latest version.

Suds

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suds

We have implemented classification for vendor. The version is MDG7.0 SP level 3. You need to load all the classification data in MDG if you are using it as hub and then extend the vendor.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the confirmation. Can you please help me with further details on how you have achieved this functionality.

If you have any documentation or link which you can share would be highly appreciated.

You can send it to my mail id sudarshandeokar@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

We are on MDG 7.0 SP level 5. Is vendor classification delivered as standard functionality? When i see the MDG - Supplier screens, i don't see the classification option.

Could you provide more details how you achieved this? Please send your details to my email id ricardo.italiane@gmail.com

Appreciate your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you considering writing a blog on how to do this ?  It would be very helpful to a lot of people.

Thanks,

Vinay