cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR failed with RC8 while moving to Prod system with RC8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of my Transport request failed with error code: RC8 while moving it to production system.

I made some changes on report in query designer. It was success till Quality system. Its failing while moving it to production.

Could you please see below screen and suggest me what was the reason for failure.

Thanks,

Phani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Issue got resolved..I have collected all the objects again and imported to production. There is a conflict with other changes..Thanks all for your help.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

We had a similar situation wherein the calculated key figures were not captured in the TR and gave us an error . Please check in RSZCOMPDIR for the missing element and collect it in your TR to retransport it.

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Phani,

Please refer below thread which is exactly same with your issue.

Also, while capturing TR, always goto to Transport connection from RSA1.

In Transport connection select List in Display tab instead of Hierarchy  before collecting objects.

All objects related to Query will be displayed in the list. Select all and save in a Transpoort request.

Regards,

Hitesh

abdullahqureshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Check out this query element using table RSZELTDIR. There it will show the which component of query it is. So you need to collect your query again from development system using transport connection as suggested by V and Raman.

Regards,

Abdullah

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi There,

please copy and paste the technical ID of the element missing, if there is a bug related to this particular element then a simple note search will identify this.

Please also attach the 'Longtexts' of the red errors in the transport logs, so we can see a list of error codes, this will also help with the resolution,

Thanks,

Colm

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Error RC - 8 Mean some thing wrong with collected objects.

so lets try to reimport your TR at Prod.

if it gives same error then again collect object from Dev and move to Prod.

but while collecting your changes, please collect all elements like CKf,RKF,EXits,variables..etc.

From RSA1-->transport connection.

use grouping option as Only necessary objects.

from middle pane, you can drga your bex query into right side screen.

at right side-->expand your collected query and select all objects which are part of your query and collect into new Tr.

Thanks

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems, in current transport request, some elements are missing from the query. These missing elements exists in QA, that is why transport did not fail in QA. You may need to collect query from RSA1 --> Transport connection (this way all elements picked in same TR) and move the transport.