cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database error: [Data federator driver][server] cannot convert VARCHAR to integer data type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am getting this (WIS 10901)error when i tried refreshing the webi report against BW BEx query (multiprovider), can anyone explain what this means.

I also have Database error: [Data federator driver][server] table Multiprovider.xxx.xxx is not found

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like webi is throwing error when converting characteristic value to numeric value, find out which object was it? may be  date /time stamp fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi appreciate your response, the issue is with BW dummy characteristics and fixed now.

However I have a couple questions though:

1. why query1 has stock doesnt show LOVs while query 4 shows the LOVs for stock code,

these queries are against different Infoproviders do you think this is the reason, if so can you suggest me a way to resolve this please

2. also, I am frequently getting errors such as below while refreshing or running with some selections against BW BEx queries or Universes

I am getting this error very often, what does ‘table’ not found? This is a PROD report and I have the report running successfully in DEV (I even checked a query in DEV IDT universe and it was good), we don’t get access to IDT PROD so no universe query can be tested out, we have to go down to DEV check the functionality and then replicate the same error logic in PROD which is kind of a length process

Can you suggest me how to fix this error

Your responses would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check these once.

1. check if the  infrprovider has values for stock code (or) run the bex query and see if the values are popping up there.
  2. as you stated, these issues are arising recently, check the SP level of your client tool and server . also check you have enough authorization for universe
  3. are there any changes to the existing query ? if yes,had the universe got refreshed in prd as well? check if you have enough authorizations to access all reports.
amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this SAP note. or Restart the Adaptive Processing Server containing the Data Federation Service.

1856509 - Web Intelligence reports refresh fail with error "Database error: [Data Federator Driver][...

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi

Thank you for the responses,

1. Amit helped me with this

2. the user is getting the error message as well. What do you think user or my auth has to do with refresh, also there's no rich client in our landscape and the BIP version is 4.1 sp4.

3. we do not have IDT PROD access for security reasons and i had to go down to DEV and check if the query is okay and then replicate the logic in PROD

Thanks, Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

"The internal error occurred while calling 'opendocument' API (error WIS 30270)" error occurs when

- I view/modify refresh the report so there is no way I get into the report

- I try schedule the report and in there as soon as I click Prompts I see this error message

- in Modify mode, i clicked Manage BI services (wheel icon) and I see below error under host server

'unexpected error: failed to access the WSDL at 'host:server'. It failed with connection refused'

I dont even see any option enabled, all are disabled including refresh after I get the above error.

Do you think solving one will resolve the other issue, any help would be appreciated

As I mentioned earlier we do not have access to webi rich client or Prod BEx query or IDT Prod. This error occurred in Prod but because we do not have the same report in Dev or QA not sure how to progress with this

Thanks, Kris

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is this happening with all reports or specific to one report?

are you able to view/refresh the report? if yes then also before schedule the report ,purge the data and save it.After that try to schedule the report.

Manage BI service is different one.This is not related with your report refresh/scheduling.Mange BI service is useful when you are publishing the  report content  for to use in the dashboard.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

It happens with just 1 report, not able to view/refresh it. Please suggest

I wanted to try open it in rich client and save it with another name hen try but unfortunately i do not have access to the tool.

Thanks,

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if you don't have rights to do in prod env then move the report in other envirnment and try with change source.

if report works then move later in prod env.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the webi refresh /not able to see list of values..  you can check with  BO admin about the security setup of webi & universe of the issue report. I had the same issue previously and it was due to missing authorization. you can give a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case, i am getting below error.

Database error: [Data Federator Driver] [Server] The name/alias 'PR_PROD.PRDIWDEV.dbo.V_BO_MAP_MARKET_DIM' could not be found. (IES 10901) (Error: INF)

As usual we have restarted Data Federation services for temp work around and it is working for me only but the issue is still same with user. After services got restarted, had asked user to log off from the session and even to close the brower to verify the report but still same issue.

As sugested, have verified the security setup and compared it other users and it's same.

As per SAP Note, also looked at the Adapter services of data federation and it is seperatly been configured.

What will be the other way to resolve this issue. Please advise.

Abdulrasheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to my mail earlier, have tried searching in the logs to see the possible reason.

D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging

In this above folder have found a file with below error.

kctrequestproc.cpp:777:void __cdecl cdztools::requestprocbasic::generateresult(class obfixseq<unsigned char> *&,const char *,const char *,const char *,const unsigned char *,const unsigned char *,class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > *,int,bool &): tracelog message 17958

|c04da40e-a2f3-1754-2ab8-c645bb3a8ee1|2015 10 08 18:31:39:145|+0200|error| |>>|e| |webiserver_bi41_prd_int1.webintelligenceprocessingserver|17456|15048|| |300|12|2|0|bilaunchpad.webapp|dehb05sr164:2424:13648.10568568:1|webi sdk.corbaserverimpl.doprocess()|dehb05sr164:2424:13648.10568568:3|webiserver_bi41_prd_int1.webintelligenceprocessingserver.processdpcommandsex|localhost:17456:15048.143349:1|clzsk5itc0bwlg9eua5edqia14376|||||||||||**error:requestproc:user: ukbhsmb, doc: "gd master p11 070915", error stream: <errors>

<error component="wis" errorcode="10901" errortype="user" message="database error: [data federator driver] [server] the name/alias &apos;pr_prod.prdiwdev.dbo.v_bo_map_market_dim&apos; could not be found. (ies 10901)" prefix="err">

<debuginfo boresult="5" filename="kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp" lineposition="2773" modulename="c3_cs"/>

<requestinfo commandid="0" commandname="refresh batch" dpid="dp0" dplongname="query 1 - performance reporting" dpname="query 1"/>

<reason>

<content>

</content>

</reason>

</error>

</errors>

[kctrequestproc.cpp;777]

With this, can we get some hint.

Thanks,

Abdulrasheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All - This issue was due to object is pointing to Dev environment instead of Prod. Have changed it and it's working fine. Thanks.

JYOUSAF
Participant
0 Kudos

How did you point a specific object to a different environment.