Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content disappers on pressing activate button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very new to Adobe forms.

I was creating my first test "Hello World" form when I encountered this error.

I created an interface and then a form.

I added a simple text field to my form and clicked on activate so that I can Test it.

But as soon as I press activate, the Text content in the field disappears.

Please guide me what should I do

--

Regards

SAurabha J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Piyushmatrixs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did it solve your issue? If yes, Please close the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

It now gives me the following error, when I click on the Top layout button.

--

Regards

Saurabha J

Piyushmatrixs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enclose a screenshot of properties tab, context tab, and a screenshot just before you click on layout button, and a screenshot of just after you clicked on layout button.

May be I could figure out the problem.

Regards

Piyush

Piyushmatrixs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabha,

First See below screenshot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, Its time to solve your problem.

If you use "layout tab", it let you design layout and form even in Display Mode, but you willl not get a "save button" to save your work, that's why when you activate this you work disappeared.

Always use "Layout Button", It opens a new window to design layout and form. At this window you will get a save button to save you work, after saving click close button, it will take you back, now activate your form. Now your hard work would not be disappeared.

Please reward if it helps you.

Regards

Piyush

former_member226239
Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you are in display mode, please make sure that you are in edit mode (the 'Save' icon will be enabled if you are in edit mode) before you add the text field and then activate it. I agree that it is kind of annoying.

-Chandra