cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Selection in ListBox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all !

I have an issue with listbox when you choice to allow multiple selection.

If you have several items, listbox add a scrollbar to select your item, to go top or down of your list

But after you select your item (and add a new filter on datasource), scrollbar is going back to the top of your list. So if you need to select the two last items of your list, you have to go down with your scrollbar, select your first item, then use again the scroball to go once more time to the bottom of your list and select the last item.

Is it possible to avoid your listbox to go back to the first item ?

Thank you for your help !

Regards,

Jonas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I add some information, maybe it could be helpful for this annoying issue : i have this problem in all my application, and not only for multiple listbox. From the first selection, if it's an item from the bottom of the list, bug appears...

Hope one day my hero will come here to save me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you try using data bidning for dimension members aswell as filtering instead of scripting?
Maybe the fault is that the scripting triggers new html to be generated on the server side therefore resetting the list Visuals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created one listbox without scripting. This listbox is fed in startup application with items from a dimension of datasource. So when i select an item, nothing happens... except this bug.

Update : I did some more tests and i think i found the reason of this behaviour. If i use "auto" for width and height parameters of my listbox, bug appends. But if i choose value for this parameter, listbox works.

Someone already have a similar issue with an object ? I'm asking if i didn't have the same thing with the Gauge Component...

Well... I will do more tests but if it's ok, this day will be a great day !

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm that I also have this issue if I use the values 'auto' for width and height.
, regardless of how I fetch memers for the list or use them for filtering.

I would report this to SAP support as a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Emil, if you can, keep us update for this bug, it should be nice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh no, I meant that you should report it as a bug.

I do not Contact SAP Support unless it is lifethreatening if I don't

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonas,

I also had the same issue, and your solution worked for me! It looks definitely like a bug.

Can SAP take prompt action?

Thanks,

Goutham

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, I don't work for SAP; I am a customer.  If this is a bug, an incident should be reported to SAP Support.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas!

If the standard is to choose several filters from the listbox one solution is to have a button that contains the filtering from the listbox instead of having it in the listbox itself.

So, you choose the filters you want in your listbox (nothing happens at this Point), you press your new 'Filter' button and voila, the filters are applied to the data source.

I would also recommend you trying out Dimensino Members Binding instead of using setitems through scripting. It has proven to be more responsive in several of my dashboards.

Best of luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emil,

I add one more listbox based on list of week.

I don't have script on this Listbox. For this one, i add a button which will add week filter. So this time, user have just to select all his weeks and validate with button.

But one more time, listbox go back to the top after each clic... I have really no idea why i don't have this problem with one of my listbox, but sometimes it happens and it's a big ergonomic issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Weird, I have created a simple dashboard which fetches dimension members and once selected filters two other queries bound to different Components, and I do not have the behaviour you are talking about.

Can you replace the list with Another one to see if it's just a bug? Since it's working correctly with other lists on the same dashboard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did some tests : i add a new listbox, fed with differents items but everytime the bug is here.

Currently, i have 10 listboxes, and only two didn't have this issue... This two listboxes are feeded with the same items. But i tried to create a new one with the same list, and it's not working one more time.

It's really odd, all my listbox are built similarly...

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

I'm sure I have seen another post asking the same or similar question but have not been able to find it again.  If I remember correctly, I believe Karol Kalisz confirmed that what you are experiencing is the standard behaviour.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, brand and store are not linked.

Here the feeding of the 2 listboxes

LISTBOX_1.setItems(DS_2.getMemberList("0MATERIAL__ZMERCAT3P", MemberPresentation.INTERNAL_KEY, MemberDisplay.TEXT, 0, "ALL"));

LISTBOX_2.setItems(DS_2.getMemberList("0PLANT", MemberPresentation.INTERNAL_KEY, MemberDisplay.TEXT, 0, "ALL"));

I use the same datastore to feed them, the same filter, but they have 2 differents behaviours...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - I am trying to replicate this without success; I am on 1.5 SP1 Patch 1 - what version are you using?  Could you share screen shots of your listbox properties and other relevant information?  Use the camera icon to upload screen shots - that would help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use Design Studio v1.5 SP1, patch1 is not installed yet.

Here properties of my listbox (selected in orange). The only code is the one you can see : set a filter on my datasource with the selected value on my listbox.

Here my listbox feed with items. When i selected a store located in the bottom of the list (like Uppal), after my click, filter is added to my source, and my listbox go back to the first item.

Weird fact : I use the same strategy with the listbox "Brand", and when i select my item, it's ok...

PS : the two listbox are not linked each other.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the screen shots; is there any way that brand could be linked with store? 

What does your code at application start-up show?