cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybris Marketing: Which development language

0 Kudos

In wich language CEI or (new) Hybris Marketing has been developed?

How can it be modified apart from customizing?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hope the question is not too dump. I knew that HANA Apps can be executed *without* the Netweaver ABAP stack, that's why i want to know. After downloading yMKT Best Practices Setup i see that lots of IMG Customizing can be done so obviously at least some (all?) of the yMKT code resides in the form of ABAP (OO?) on the CRM server. And there is no addon or alike on client side as yMKT is HTML/JavaScript only? No rich client, no Flash like the 'old' segment builder in SAP CRM? Zero footprint - Right? Yes, i'm not a developer but it would have been nice to exchange knowledge with other people

surjeetbhati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

Not sure if you want to be more functional or technical for the part related to the SAP backend or Hybris frontend, but here are some keywords

•Java 1.7
•JSF / JSP / etc. (UI Layer can be a mixture of whatever is common today)
•Spring Framework
•Tomcat
•Eclipse (or any other IDE)
•ANT
•and the various Hybris frameworks (especially the persistence layer)
• Hybris Data Hub (comes with the new release and is relevant for the SAP integration)
• BDocs etc. for the SAP  integration (Similar what you use for the middleware between ERP & CRM)

It is thought to tell you areas because Hybris as a platform is so flexible that you have the choice of which technology or interface you like to use

Regards,

Surjeet Bhati

0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

The most important language is still ABAP considering you are working from a Netweaver stack.

You also have some javascript code residing in XS (another component in the hybris Marketing landscape).

Mind you that you could have a standalone hybris Marketing environment deployed on a HANA appliance in Netweaver, without SAP CRM. But also co-deployment is possible, that allows you to benefit from shared HANA tables.

The frontend is served in the form of UI5 and Fiori apps.

Best regards,

Maxim

P.s. @Surjeet Bhati, the technical "specs" you mention are related to hybris Commerce. Data Hub could be used to interface contacts from hybris Commerce to hybris Marketing, though.

Answers (0)