cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV04N Display MSDS Document through SAP DMS functionality

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created several MSDS's in Sap EHS system . I want to retrieve these docs in Document management System . I tried to go into CV04n but did not get any clue how I can search those MSDS's created in EHS . Any help ? I know there should  be some link between these two components . Please suggest !

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

what is your business case for looking in DMS? If you check "SBR" you will only find "raw" report and not final report

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I thought whenever we create and release reports it will go and sit in DMS and through t code cv04n , we can view ? Besides going through report information system T code , isnt there any way to view released reports through DMS through T code cv04n ?

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

in SAP you have the option to store reports in DMS or in Archive. So not always the reports are "stitting" in DMS.

But yes you can view it if it is stored in DMS: but in 99% of the cases nobody is doing like that  but use cg50/cg54 (I am using this CV04N option only if needed; and this is really not often the case) . The main reason is: you store only SBR and not SBE. And most of the people are interested in SBE and not SBR documents (as SBE is the "final" report e.g. in SDS handling)

But using CV04N you can check content of SBR.

C.B.

PS: link between EHS and DMS is done using content of ESTDH and content of DMS tables.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I am getting "browser is turned off" message while trying to upload doc in Cv01n . any help or assitance how to upload doc  through cv01n ?

nick_valeriano
Explorer
0 Kudos

can you give additional information on the error message? This sounds like a different issues than your original problem

nick_valeriano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

You can use Mark's suggestion for Doc Type = SBR to see a list of all the MSDS that have been created, you will also have to specify the Document Status as well to confirm that you are seeing the specific status you want.

However getting to the specific MSDS related to the EHS Specification is a bit more tricky. You would need to go to the SE16N transaction, then table ESTDH. From there you'd need to search the Specification and then match the version number and the Document Key in ESTDH, removing of course the 5 zeroes after and the "SBR" from the beginning, to the the Document Number from CV04n.

-Nick

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Search with Document Type = 'SBR' for your created reports.

Regards

Mark