cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W-2s and employee locked for payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an employee who, even though he is in a payroll relevant pay area, is locked for payroll and has had no payroll run for him this year.  We have been paying him through accounts payable.  When we do a productive run for W-2s, unless we have all payroll areas run up through end-of-year, we get an error message that payroll areas must be in sync.  My question is, since this person is locked for payroll and has no payroll results for 2015, will W-2s run?  Or will we get an error message alluding to the fact that all payroll-relevant pay areas have not been run through year end?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

Is this error message that your are receiving?

I am thinking its warning message and its common as Tax reporter checks for all payroll areas during Production run.

If employee is locked from payroll and has no results for entire run, it may get picked up as he may still have some master data to be reported for his W-2 although he may not have any wages.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ameet

I am not receiving an error message because we have not tried running W-2s in productive mode yet.  I am just wondering if anyone knows if we will get an error.  But that is a good point in that there are other persons in payroll-relevant payroll areas with no results; they are just not locked for payroll.  I don't know if that would make a difference.

Thanks

Janice

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janice,

Even if you run production run, you should make sure all your payroll areas are in Exit mode and those not in use should have no control record.

You will get warning message when you run it in Production mode.

I recommend to run production mode for same first in test system before you go on live production system.

Also, note unless you have generated and set filing dates you can delete the production results and regenerate them again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information.  We were hoping to avoid having to run all of our payroll areas up to year-end in our test system, but I think that is what we are going to have to do to find out if we have issues.  I appreciate your comments.

Janice

Answers (0)